Compass Calibration with Gimbal & GoPro attached?

Reaction score
I'm expecting my H3-3D to arrive this weekend and I've been reading the manual in the meantime.

The manual says to "Ensure the camera is mounted to the gimbal before powering the aircraft"

So that would mean that when I do the compass dance the GoPro has to be attached
OR
Should I unplug the gimbal, power up, calibrate, power down, replug the gimbal, fit the camera and power up again?

Re: Compass Calibration with Gimbal & GoPro attached?

I leave mine attached and powered on during the dance. The 3D isn't too happy about the vertical (2nd) half but it doesn't last long :). The hassle of unplugging the gimbal just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely make sure the camera is on the Gimbal and the camera is turned on. Not recording but just turned on. Then do the compass calibration (compass dance).

Never calibrate the compass without the camera or any other attachments removed from the Phantom.
The compass calibration consists of determining what if any interference it would encounter during a 360 degree swing. That needs to include what it is going to be flying with.

Also, Never power on the Phantom with the gimbal attached and no camera on it. You will damage the Gimbal when it powers on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20