compass calibration required constantly on screen

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just started using a new p3pro i have had sitting in the cupboard. i have had 2 previous p3pro have serious issues recently and needed the new one, im working commercially and have approx1200 flights on 2 seperate aircraft. problem is no matter how any times i do the calibration dance i constantly have the red banner telling me" compass error, please move aircraft or calibrate" aircraft flies fine, hovers fine, return to home fine. i can get green banner' "safe to fly gps mode" then take off and it either goes straight back to the red banner or flickers between the 2 before going to red banner again
also may be related i try to calibrate the RC and it says can't be calibrated while not connected to ac when it clearly is!!
any help greatly appreciated

The first question and I think you expect this :

Please explain location and environment you are experiencing this in.

If you are experiencing this on just one machine but not the others in same location - then it indicates over-sensitivity or problem with that one. If its affecting all - then its environmental.

The clue that triggers my question - is Commercial. Is that Real Estate ? Farmland ? Malls ? Industrial property ?

You know why I ask .. maybe its the materials surrounding you ...

Nigel

Also, the message when you attempt to calibrate the controller is that you can't calibrate the controller when it IS connected to the aircraft. You need to DISCONNECT the aircraft from the controller to calibrate the controller. Note that this is likely not related to your compass issue.

Also, the message when you attempt to calibrate the controller is that you can't calibrate the controller when it IS connected to the aircraft. You need to DISCONNECT the aircraft from the controller to calibrate the controller. Note that this is likely not related to your compass issue.
thanks, will check that again

The first question and I think you expect this :

Please explain location and environment you are experiencing this in.

If you are experiencing this on just one machine but not the others in same location - then it indicates over-sensitivity or problem with that one. If its affecting all - then its environmental.

The clue that triggers my question - is Commercial. Is that Real Estate ? Farmland ? Malls ? Industrial property ?

You know why I ask .. maybe its the materials surrounding you ...

Nigel
thanks nigel, have had no issues with the previous machines operating in the same areas, both previous machines had serious malfunctions within weeks of each other and are dead. unfortunately i think the issue is with the unit, thanks for your input

Hi guys, I have just started using a new p3pro i have had sitting in the cupboard. i have had 2 previous p3pro have serious issues recently and needed the new one, im working commercially and have approx1200 flights on 2 seperate aircraft. problem is no matter how any times i do the calibration dance i constantly have the red banner telling me" compass error, please move aircraft or calibrate" aircraft flies fine, hovers fine, return to home fine. i can get green banner' "safe to fly gps mode" then take off and it either goes straight back to the red banner or flickers between the 2 before going to red banner again
also may be related i try to calibrate the RC and it says can't be calibrated while not connected to ac when it clearly is!!
any help greatly appreciated

I believe this an inherent P3P issue. I had to send it back to DJI for a compass replacement.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4