Compass calibration issues.

Reaction score
I've updated all the software I've done everything the way I should and I keep getting this message. I'm having trouble calibrating the compass. Any suggestions?
7b74f7209c19f9c70d228a59301b1c4a.jpg
304e7de67cdcb2e3892e1fe99b779a75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've updated all the software I've done everything the way I should and I keep getting this message. I'm having trouble calibrating the compass. Any suggestions?
Normally that would indicate you are trying close to a lot of steel.
If you have tried moving to an area clear of magnetic influences and still have no luck, go into the sensor section of the app and check the compass data.
If you have numbers, you should be able to calibrate but if the compass data shows zero, the compass is broken or disconnected (maybe a broken wire) and will not calibrate until this is fixed.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try one more time later. I'll be a mile or so from the nearest building or power line so I'd that doesn't work it's something inside.

I'm guessing this is not a good sign and since the drone keeps making this little creepy beeping noise like it's stuck so I guess it's a Compass issue?
2452d72b7598cb264ce29c249a04a869.jpg

Try following to see if error message disappears:

1. Check no magnetic material such as iron, concrete etc is around

2. Keep tablet in airplane mode

3. Use short USB cable or route it properly

After exhausting all the usual fixes for compass calibration errors look up degaussing the compass. I've read posts where this has worked.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm guessing this is not a good sign and since the drone keeps making this little creepy beeping noise like it's stuck so I guess it's a Compass issue?
2452d72b7598cb264ce29c249a04a869.jpg

Wow, nobody got back to you on your question.
Are you still on a dead end?
I was going to ask if this a new problem, new Phantom or a new user?
So yes, all zeros as meta4 said, the is the problem.

Rod

Try following to see if error message disappears:

1. Check no magnetic material such as iron, concrete etc is around

2. Keep tablet in airplane mode

3. Use short USB cable or route it properly

#1 and #2, yes.
#3 USB? Hum.. Not on a Standard. :)

Rod

@Pup11593 , @coger
Degauss compass?
I have seen more don't s then do's, All values show zero, the Phantom doesn't see the compass at all.

Rod :)

@Pup11593 , Welcome to the Forum!
At least your first post wasn't I crashed my Bird. ;)

Give us an update.

Rod

Just had a thought... Have you got a tracker attached to the drone? Reason why I'm asking is that some trackers (like my trackimo) came with two backs. One plastic... One magnetic. If you have.. Check the tracker to see if the magnetic back is on. If it is... Take it off [emoji4]

Neon Euc

I just got a P3S this week. I was having a lot of trouble calibrating mine too. Turns out, I was just standing too close to my truck. I always use my tailgate of my truck as a bench when I go run RCs. I walked about 30 feet away and then it worked. In your screen shots, it looks like you are working out of the back of a truck as well.

@Neon Euc
@Matts175

Good try, but I think @Meta4 all zero's? I'm pretty sure kills any interference problems.

Yes, I saw the image of the back of the pickup truck.. Looks nicer than mine.. :)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4