Compass calibration in Litchi

Reaction score
Hi, I am unable to calibrate the compass in Litchi, when i go into the menu and press calibrate nothing happens. Di i have to calibrate the compass in DJI app and then swap over to Litchi. ( just learning). Thanks.

Hi, I am unable to calibrate the compass in Litchi, when i go into the menu and press calibrate nothing happens. Di i have to calibrate the compass in DJI app and then swap over to Litchi. ( just learning). Thanks.
Mike ... you'd be better off just getting a good compass calibration and sticking with it rather than unnecessarily recalibrating and introducing the risk of a bad calibration.
It's quite safe to do it this way.

Here's some explanation of what compass calibration is all about and when it is necessary: Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

When you hit the compass calibration in litchi you would have seen the AC status lights turn yellow. The AC is then ready for your compass calibration chicken dance.

If your more comfortable with the App prompting you what to do calibrate in the GO app until you are familiar with the routine.

You don't need to calibrate before every flight. Get a known good calibration and stick with it unless flying a reasonable distance from where the calibration was done.

Reactions: bigmike52
Can you not flick the S1/S2 switch (forget which one) for compass calibration on a P4 like you can on a P3?

When you hit the compass calibration in litchi you would have seen the AC status lights turn yellow. The AC is then ready for your compass calibration chicken dance.

If your more comfortable with the App prompting you what to do calibrate in the GO app until you are familiar with the routine.

You don't need to calibrate before every flight. Get a known good calibration and stick with it unless flying a reasonable distance from where the calibration was done.
Ok, Will give that a try. Cheers

Hi again, really sorry about this. I turn on the P4, it urn on the remote controller, i turn on my I Pad and turn on the Lithci app, i then go to the settings on the Litchi app and scroll down to calibrate, the lights on the Ac are already flashing yellow ant the battery side and when i press the calibrate button nothing else happens, it does not ask me to do anything or alter the lights on the AC. I am obviously doing some thin wrong but as a newbie i don't know what it is.I got the app about 10 days ago and not been able to use it yet as still a bit wary if the compass is not calibrated. Thanks for your help and patience. Mike

Hi again, really sorry about this. I turn on the P4, it urn on the remote controller, i turn on my I Pad and turn on the Lithci app, i then go to the settings on the Litchi app and scroll down to calibrate, the lights on the Ac are already flashing yellow ant the battery side and when i press the calibrate button nothing else happens, it does not ask me to do anything or alter the lights on the AC. I am obviously doing some thin wrong but as a newbie i don't know what it is.I got the app about 10 days ago and not been able to use it yet as still a bit wary if the compass is not calibrated. Thanks for your help and patience. Mike
And again. i am trying this at home without the props on but have tried it out side with no luck, i am now getting the message up on Litchi saying calibrate the compass and listen to the messages to carry on, no message and no diagram or notification for doing the calibration dance. Not got a lot of hair left now. Cheers again. Mike

Flashing yellow means ready to fly no GPS. You are looking for solid yellow to start calibration followed by solid green for the second calibration orientation.

Hi, ok I have been back outside and tried this, it seems to have worked now but I still am unsure if it is calibrated yet, all the lights have stopped flashing and a connection has been made, it is going between Opti and GPS. Unable to try a flight due to where I am at the minute but might get out tomorrow so will let you guys know what happens. Other thing is, should there be some sort of diagram on the screen when I am calibrating as like the DJI app, Thanks again from a very frustrated old geezer with no hair left.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Mike I suggested you calibrate in the GO app because it does give you the instructional pictures.

Litchi just puts your bird in calibrate mode. The same as flicking the mode switch backwards and forwards five times (I think it is 5). It would be st least 50 flights since I have thought about calibrating the compass.

If the calibration failed you would have a flashing red on the boom lights.

Seems you are good to go....

Mike I suggested you calibrate in the GO app because it does give you the instructional pictures.

Litchi just puts your bird in calibrate mode. The same as flicking the mode switch backwards and forwards five times (I think it is 5). It would be st least 50 flights since I have thought about calibrating the compass.

If the calibration failed you would have a flashing red on the boom lights.

Seems you are good to go....
Cheers again.I will let you know how i do when i can next fly. Cheers Mike

If youve been trying inside, could it be magnetic interference? Usually Litchi tells you that, but seeming as it works when outside that could be why?

If youve been trying inside, could it be magnetic interference? Usually Litchi tells you that, but seeming as it works when outside that could be why?
Thanks for another helpfull reply. Once i get out again i will be able to bombard you with other questions. I printed out the 35 Pages for the Lichi app but it does not tell you a great lot about any problems. Cheers again Drone King.

Reactions: Drone_King
Calibrate with GO. For a newbie that's best. Then shut down GO and launch Litchi.

Don't calibrate indoors, ever. Calibrate in an open field with no metal objects nearby. Don't calibrate on concrete either.

If you're a newbie to Phantoms I suggest you become more familiar with your craft using the GO app before trying Litchi. Learn the basics first.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31