Compass calibration error

Reaction score
Hello,

Having trouble with p3 pro. Got it few days ago, have had approx 10 flights, no problem. Yesterday updated firmware.
Today went to film in location, steel hanger. Did first flight over it with no problems. Then went inside and started take off, in which p3 went sideways without control, managed to catch it after small hit in wall, no wisible damage. Afterwards haven't been able to calibrate compass. Tried 5 different locations, several times. Any solutions?
As well after turning p3 on first 10 sec is OK, then starts flashing yellow, green red leds and beeping.
Any ideas? ThanksTin advance! nks om

Hello,

Having trouble with p3 pro. Got it few days ago, have had approx 10 flights, no problem. Yesterday updated firmware.
Today went to film in location, steel hanger. Did first flight over it with no problems. Then went inside and started take off, in which p3 went sideways without control, managed to catch it after small hit in wall, no wisible damage. Afterwards haven't been able to calibrate compass. Tried 5 different locations, several times. Any solutions?
As well after turning p3 on first 10 sec is OK, then starts flashing yellow, green red leds and beeping.
Any ideas? ThanksTin advance! nks om
Set it up level and start over with an IMU calibration, a gimbal calibration, and then a compass calibration in an open field.

Then give it a try.

Set it up level and start over with an IMU calibration, a gimbal calibration, and then a compass calibration in an open field.

Then give it a try.
I calibrated indoors though, ok will try. Thanks. How much in reality steel constructions affect sensors? Where is compass located on p3? How can it be damaged?

I had similar error during calibration attempts in area with magnetic fluctuations - several meters from car, building, etc. My recipe for this :
1) find location with out magnetic distortion - far away from buildings, car etc. to check take real compass with you and compare with the Sun.
2) Also take touristic table and labella (to check and adjust level of table)
3) take chilled phantom and perform calibrations : IMU, compass and last - gimbal.

Reactions: bobmyers
I calibrated indoors though, ok will try. Thanks. How much in reality steel constructions affect sensors? Where is compass located on p3? How can it be damaged?
Steel constructions will cause compass errors. Compass is on the right leg looking at the rear of the P3.

I went to calibrate the compass on my P3p, I was flying in an open field. Nothing in my pockets not even a belt. After calibrating I flew for maybe 10 minutes and when I landed I received a compass error. I recalibrate flew again but had the same trouble. any ideas

I went to calibrate the compass on my P3p, I was flying in an open field. Nothing in my pockets not even a belt. After calibrating I flew for maybe 10 minutes and when I landed I received a compass error. I recalibrate flew again but had the same trouble. any ideas
Could have been buried metal or ferrous soil characteristics that was interfering with the compass sensor.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj