Comparison of h265 vs h264

Reaction score
So I finally have some footage to compare. After comparing a few shots taken back to back (I stopped recording, switched codecs) I have to say that surprisingly I see very little difference. Has anyone else experimented?

Any difference is going to greatly depend on the subject matter, for instance lots of movement (changing pixels per frame) and detail should show a greater difference, more static scenes may show none at all.

Any difference is going to greatly depend on the subject matter, for instance lots of movement (changing pixels per frame) and detail should show a greater difference, more static scenes may show none at all.
I get that in principle but I wanted to see it in practice because any implementation of a codec is going to vary greatly depending on the firmware of the processing engine and the size of the sensor (hence the much better performance out of my small but beefy NX500) I am sure it has been written here before but what Sony sensor/lens system are they using in the P4P that is so robust?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers