Company behind DJI

Reaction score
Various online sources name the company as "Dajiang Innovation Technology Co., Ltd." In the page source of dji.com it says "DJI is a Creative Technologies Company". The company of soundblaster fame is named Creative Technology. Do you think there's any connection?

BladHaund said:
Various online sources name the company as "Dajiang Innovation Technology Co., Ltd." In the page source of dji.com it says "DJI is a Creative Technologies Company". The company of soundblaster fame is named Creative Technology. Do you think there's any connection?

You're thinking of Creative Labs.

I think Creative Labs is the name of their sales and marketing subsidiaries. According to Wikipedia, the parent company is (and always was) Singapore based and today it's called Creative Technology.

Noting on their corporate website to suggest a Creative Technologies company, though: http://www.creative.com/corporate/companies/#worldwide.

Perhaps what I found on the DJI website is just a re-branding, in an effort to create for themselves a more internationalized identity.

thedjiguy said:
Djiang (Or however you spell it) is a china company. The name was too hard to say in english, so someone (Maybe colin Guinn) decided to call it DJI. This is my understanding.

I think you're right. Sort of like using Leo instead of Leonardo. We don't know how to pronounce the d and j together so we spell it out. I doubt they care when they are cashing checks. You can call me Sophia the Princess as long as you're paying me like a King.

I think the reference there to "Creative Technologies" is the classification for the company, not a name. i.e. "We produce creative technologies"....yet another victim of sloppy Chinese-English translations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik