COMPANIES DESIGNING DRONE CATCHERS NOW TO MARKET

Reaction score
We knew it was just a matter of time before companies would move in for the kill and build anti drone systems. Companies look for ground floor opportunities like this to serve large groups of people who want any given product or service, and there is a rapidly growing group of anti-Drone people who will fuel this market. Currently, these are probably be sold to Law Enforcement, but we all know private parties will soon have them. It will be interesting to see if the FAA steps in to control these companies and what they are marketing. Your thoughts .....
Watch The Video -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 8.51.33 PM.png

I guess it all depends on where you're flying. If you're out in filming at beaches, waterfalls and other nature spots, I can't see any joe public pulling one of these out to stop me. I'd imagine this is more for businesses that have sensitive IP and don't want you spying on them and personally I don't fly near businesses like that anyhow.

I'd be more concerned when they make these more affordable and pocket sized for the public to own and I don't see that any time soon

"I'd imagine this is more for businesses that have sensitive IP and don't want you spying on them"
People thought that about Tazers too. Now you can buy them most anywhere.

Do they really think that a drone will stick around long enough, and at a low enough altitude, for them to find and deploy this weapon? Their fantasy is that the sky is black with offending drones, and that there is big market for these things, when drones are, irl, few and far between.

Unfortunately the media will be the fuel source behind all this. They're the ones that create panic over stuff like drones. They will do anything to sell a story to the general population and make drone owners look like criminals out to get them.

Reactions: JBJO and Ramphex
Do they really think that a drone will stick around long enough, and at a low enough altitude, for them to find and deploy this weapon? Their fantasy is that the sky is black with offending drones, and that there is big market for these things, when drones are, irl, few and far between.
That's exactly it.

"I'd imagine this is more for businesses that have sensitive IP and don't want you spying on them"
People thought that about Tazers too. Now you can buy them most anywhere.

So you're saying these things are pocket sized and affordable by the regular Joe blow just like tazers?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Total fantasy nonsense from people that don't know much about drones but think there's a market among others that are equally ignorant.
That skywall has a range of 100 metres ... in other words to be protected from evil drones, the customer would have to have one of these ready to use within 100 metres of where the evil drone would appear.
For an airport or stadium this would require a large force of operators on standby, each "protecting" just a small area.
The perfect solution for a threat that doesn't exist.
Maybe they'll sell a bundle to scared government departments looking for new ways to waste taxpayer's $$.
No mention of a price but it would be quite high.

So flying above 100 feet and that it... What they want is an emp or something that scrambles the telemetry and crashes the drone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So flying above 100 feet and that it... What they want is an emp or something that scrambles the telemetry and crashes the drone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
100 meters is 300' and once the operator saw them getting ready to deploy, I can guarantee I'll be in sport mode the second I saw this happening and would love to hang around long enough for them to waste a shot! Although I'd prolly just scoot, to have them shoot and hit blanks would be so nice to record though!!!

The video is really funny. Obviously the bad drones are dji phantom and not Us or European made. So, now DJI is going to introduce a new feature in the next generation of products called "Escape mode".

Wouldn't this be considered criminal damaging in the US? You are purposefully trying to cause damage to another persons property.. I think if some jackhole destroyed your drone using one of these you'd have a valid court case

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31