Commercial Drone Opps Insurance?

Reaction score
I am currently using Verifly for commercial drone insurance. But some areas that I have done work in recently, were quite pricey. I am looking for a more traditional alternative.

Has anyone dealt with Sky Vuze? Thoughts?

If not what are you using?

Interested in this as well. Even at $10 an hour for 1/4 mile can get pricey pretty quick.

I am currently using Verifly for commercial drone insurance. But some areas that I have done work in recently, were quite pricey. I am looking for a more traditional alternative.

Does Verifly charge different prices in some areas? I use Verifly, but it's always the $10 per hour rate. For my purposes I will never be in the air more than an hour for a video shoot.

Does Verifly charge different prices in some areas? I use Verifly, but it's always the $10 per hour rate. For my purposes I will never be in the air more than an hour for a video shoot.

Yes different prices for different areas. I had a $25 an hour charge from Verifly for a shoot. (urban area just outside of surface class B airspace, maybe why??) I did some of my low shots, and then the weather turned on a dime. Wind picked up clouds rolled in. It was too dangerous to fly at the higher altitudes that I needed to finish. I had to return another day.

I went back and I was getting set up for my second flight on the second day, and a hit-and -run occurred right in front of me. I had just landed and was switching batts. The drone was not in the air, or it would have been GREAT video.

I checked on the victim. The cops came, and I blew that hour. I had to sign up again. So this one shoot cost me $75 in insurance. I could probably get a typical monthly plan for that. But I still had to pay for my other flights through Verifly last month

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31