Commercial Airplane on approach close to drone

Reaction score
Stories like this cannot be good for our hobby. I hate government regulations as much as the next guy, but people need to keep safety in mind when flying these things, otherwise it ruins it for everyone.

Only good thing, is look at the nice jello free footage from the mounted cam. They must have balanced their props. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZXi90wr5g[/youtube]

I don't think it is clear enough to owners that there are laws and regulations about these sorts of things.

Even if the owner of that particular drone in question didn't know about laws/regulations that was an idiot move to go anywhere near an airport and in or around the flight path of passenger airlines.

It's people like that who will spoil it for the rest of us.

Pilot must have good eyes, Traveling at 250mph landing a plane and spots it 200ft away, I cant see mine when i'm standing still and its 100ft away. lol

Still, we could do without the bad press.

Hey, Mark P. I think they found your Phantom. :lol:

<SOAPBOX>I don't care what hobby you get into, there's always some <CENSORED> <CENSORED> that <CENSORED> it up for the rest of us. RC flying of all models is already under heavy scrutiny by the state and federal governments (in the USA). If you see or hear of one of these morons pulling a stupid stunt like this, please disable them by whatever means necessary.</SOAPBOX>

****!!!! Not good! Not good at all. We definitely don't need this kind of press. I all Phantom pilots realize that we cannot be messing around like that. That will get us all grounded.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31