Come on guys - it’s driving me nuts!

RFP

Reaction score
When I take still shots on my Phantom 4 Pro the camera angle changes after each shot - up to 5 degrees either left or right. The horizon is always perfect on take off and video is fine. But after taking some stills it can be off. Does anyone else experience this?

When I take still shots on my Phantom 4 Pro the camera angle changes after each shot - up to 5 degrees either left or right. The horizon is always perfect on take off and video is fine. But after taking some stills it can be off. Does anyone else experience this?

Just post your firmware that you are using as many use a different firmware , makes a lot of difference , than you can match up.

Yes I've had this problem when trying to take time-lapses of above for or anything else. The camera will go places and move the time-lapse and ruin it. I feel like this is possibly the winds doing though so check you wind speeds. It could affect how the drone needs to move to contradict the wind.

The wind should not affect the camera balance unless it is blowing the Phantom away. The gimbal must compensate any roll movements.

Just post your firmware that you are using as many use a different firmware , makes a lot of difference , than you can match up.
Firmware is the latest - Aircraft 1.05.0600. Controller 1.04.01.00. But it's done this for the last two or three firmware updates. Did it today and it makes doing panoramas (manual - not with the panorama feature n the P4P) that much harder - even though my computer software compensates. But what is annoying is that the camera will then be not horizon level when I resume video - even though it was perfect on take off!

Reactions: Catnlion
The wind should not affect the camera balance unless it is blowing the Phantom away. The gimbal must compensate any roll movements.
I agre. I flew today on a dead calm morning and the camera still jumped either way off level after almost every shot.

Mine is the Version 1. It’s perfect in every way, delivers brilliant video and stills, has a fantastic range and is ultra reliable. Except for this jilting camera issue!

I battled this across multiple firmware. Once you find your shot, give the gimbal time to stabilize. You'll see it slowly move to horizontal. For me, it took waypoint flying to figure this out. In many of the waypoint apps, there is a setting to wait x seconds before taking a picture. I think this is why. My 2 cents and might be in left field.

Thanks for this. Only last night on a perfectly windless evening I had the same problem. But I did notice that as I was waiting for the sunset to change and just hovering the gimbal did begin to straighten after the previous shot had sent the camera off kilter. Perhaps I’ll just have to be more patient!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4