Combined street map and aviation chart?

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a combined street map and aviation map? When I get a job to do an aerial photo, I am sent a street address. Then I go on skyvector and try to cross reference the location to see what airspace I'm in. Skyvector has very limited street makings so lining up the two maps is time consuming.

Does anyone know of an easier way?

Airmap doesn't do street numbers, but it will display streets check it out here AirMap.io.

You can refer on openavitationmap.com. The Things We Map section means that only those features should be included in the OSM database. All the other stuff (airspace, …) should not be entered into OSM database.
driving directions

Does anyone know of a combined street map and aviation map? When I get a job to do an aerial photo, I am sent a street address. Then I go on skyvector and try to cross reference the location to see what airspace I'm in. Skyvector has very limited street makings so lining up the two maps is time consuming.

Does anyone know of an easier way?

Easier, yes,, cheap, no.

In the world of airplanes, a leader in aviation apps is Foreflight.

With this, it allows you to switch between a sectional chart, IFR chart, WAC chart and a street map. The switching between the charts is simple, quick to jump back and forth. It does Geo-reference for your device's location there too. The Geo-referencing would be tied to your device/controller. Plus it overlays weather on all too.

If you subscribe you can install on 2 devices, iPad & iPhone.

I have used it since it started and still use it when flying drones.

Disclaimer: Not affiliated in any way other than a user of the program.

edspilot

Actually, airmap allows you to input an address. It will then show it on the map along with antpany relevant airspace issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj