Colin Guinn was apparently booted...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
more like his job had a "flyaway" :eek:

I think he was a fairly effective spokesperson and the videos were very well done.

But being the only person anyone can associate with DJI, he also bore the brunt of customer dissatisfaction, which would explain some of the bitterness you've seen.

One can only guess what might have occurred backstage between his company and DJI, tho it probably involved $, and was probably rather messy considering they've removed the older video's featuring him.

Noël said:
Yes he was...
I posted this yesterday.
See: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5960&start=40

Oops... Sorry, I missed that...

EDIT: I see that it was in the "General Discussion Forum" I don't spend much time in there. I couldn't figure out how I missed your post, I thought I read everything in this forum... :lol:

Thanks...
-slinger

Scottrod said:
This shocks me. I always thought his videos were good. I wonder if he will try to start a competing company.

I imagine he and his company might indeed resurface, perhaps with a competitor, or perhaps their own sort of biz.

They certainly did put out solid video's,and put an american face to a Chinese company, but imagine the success of the past year got to everyone's head .. and the parent company most likely wanted to keep more profits to themselves.
But they also appear to have crated a "real" DJI USA headquarters that will be much more capable of taking care of DJI products.
- the DJI USA "headquarters" that Colin ran seemed more like a marketing company than one that would offer tech support,. replacement parts..etc.

Yeah I agree. It was definitely a lot about marketing. I am definitely curious to know what happened between him and management though.

Scottrod said:
Yeah I agree. It was definitely a lot about marketing. I am definitely curious to know what happened between him and management though.

Maybe he will post something about it on Facebook.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic