Cold weather

Reaction score
So after reading several times about cracked shells what kinda temps are you flying? Or how cold is to cold? It snowed here yesterday but now it's only about 25° out, still ok or no?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So after reading several times about cracked shells what kinda temps are you flying? Or how cold is to cold? It snowed here yesterday but now it's only about 25° out, still ok or no?

Yankee, I live in SW Montana and fly at 10 degrees quite often and have no issues so far.

You guys probably have cookouts in those temps in Montana. Lol

Cold weather is bad for batteries and your fingers. If you are flying cold, be sure to update to the 1.6 firmware which has, supposedly, fixed a couple of problems where pushing a cold battery hard caused it the bird to lose power completely.

Keep your batteries warm by putting them in a pocket or whatever. Don't push the battery - cold weather is not the time to try coming in on a nearly dead battery.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Cold weather is bad for batteries and your fingers. If you are flying cold, be sure to update to the 1.6 firmware which has, supposedly, fixed a couple of problems where pushing a cold battery hard caused it the bird to lose power completely.

Keep your batteries warm by putting them in a pocket or whatever. Don't push the battery - cold weather is not the time to try coming in on a nearly dead battery.
I am still on 1.3.20 and have not had issues with my batteries at even colder temps that 10 degrees. I agree completely about upgrading to 1.6 especially if you are on 1.5 currently. I have never had issues with my bird on 1.3.20 so I will stay put for now. I have had my P3 Pro since early May and it has been flawless so far.

yankee65, DJI has some good tips for flying in cold weather here and here. All should be fine if you follow their suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan