Cold weather

Reaction score
I would like to know if the p3p can fly in subzero temps

If a few months winter will be comming and here in sweden were I live it gets to about -7 to -15 easily somtimes -20.

Now the question is if the battery is keeped warm before flight maybe inside of a jacket could you still be able to fly off the heat created by the battery discharging when flying and for how long will it fly for?

And also any other helpful infomaton would be nice

Thanks

I've flown mine when it's -5 C without dramas, but it doesn't get much colder than that here. I believe the user manual says something about the battery not charging when it's below zero, but no mention of actual performance when operating in those conditions.

Probably best to play it safe and don't test any of its limitations until you have a better idea of what impact the cold weather will have on performance.

I live in north Finland, I have also flown my FC40 in -5 C. I think the main problem is your frozen fingers... What about the shell? There are lot of issues with cracks. Would the plastic get cracks easily in cold enviroment?

Where I live its 42 C right now. Frozen batteries ain't an issue.

I think the battery discharges much faster in extreme cold. EV's range goes down quite a bit in the winter here in MN so I assume the same is true for a quad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav