COG Setup

Reaction score
So anyway - clearly I have too much time on my hands :D

Today I was having a think about the several hundredweight I have added to my Phantom over the last months, you know stuff like 5 axis gimbal (yes they do exist), Red Epic etc :roll: :roll: .....

And I got to thinking, OK, with the extra weight of the gimbal and the fact I use heavier batteries and the PMUv2 and the GCU and the Futaba RX , with all of that surely the COG must have changed.

By my crudamentary test I guestamate that the COG has shifted circa 1cm positive on the x axis and the same on the z axis. I decided to dial these values in and see what happens (I mean, what's the worst that could happen right ??? :eek: )

What I noticed immediately is that on take off now I do not get that momentary lean forward that I got just after the Phantom left terra ferma and before the Naza compensated for COG shift. Now when I SLOWLY increase the throttle past 50% it takes off straight up (like it used to before I added all the goodies).

I can't give it a thorough test at the moment as it is blowing a force 17 outside at presently but as soon as it is calm I am curious to give it a proper workout. Even if the only effect is to give me perpendicular take off I'm happy with that slight alteration.

Just thought I'd mention it guys.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20