Code red and purple, strong south west gale over the lowlands.

Reaction score
No flying until Thursday at least.

We've got a very strong south west gale with code red and some places even code purple! Purple has never been called out since the wind alarm codes were established, after the big storm that flooded half of the Netherlands in '53.

I realise all too well I'm living right behind a dike and 22 meters below sea level. Well, millions of Dutch are in the same boat. Let's hope our extreme investments in water management technologies over the past decades pay off.

Like lake_flyer I too live near a lake (Markermeer).
It's gusting here up to 9 Beaufort at the moment!

I've just added some extra mooring lines to my boat...

Like lake_flyer I too live near a lake (Markermeer).
It's gusting here up to 9 Beaufort at the moment!

I've just added some extra mooring lines to my boat...
good idea! I'm going to check te boat too.

My firewood shed rack just blew over on top of my good old Jag. Fortunately not a scratch!
While I was trying to lift off the rack in the blazing storm it blew me over and at the same time the sailboat of my neighbour (nobody home) capsized with trailer and all on his driveway.

I raised it and secured it with lines, leaving it like that would have totally ruined it.

It's not safe to check the boat even.....would be blown right of the boardwalk with these gusts.
I can only hope it's ok. But I'm quite confident it's secure......I hope.

I flew Edinburgh to Belfast last night in a Dash 8. Scariest flight of my life and ive flown a lot!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj