Clunking sound

Reaction score
I have the P4A and just recently it started making two clunk sounds when arming. And as it's sitting there idling, it will occasionally make the same clunking sound. Not on a regular interval, just randomly. The motors seems to spin smoothly by hand, no kinks. They're not loose. This is even if I don't have props on it.

Is there any maintenance or checks I can do for that?

Thanks
Andy

Reactions: Gagey52
Reaction score
While arming, could be the gimbal going through its calibration. Might even be a glitch in one of the ESCs. Do you hear anything when hovering?

My Mini2 props give an occasional clunk when arming.

Reaction score
it was definitely coming from the motors or part of that system. And for the prop hubs, it was even when no props were on it.

However, I armed it again last night, let it idle for over 5 minutes and didn't hear it again. But the 4 or 5 times I did it previously, it was doing that. Then took it for a short flight and didn't seem to hear it again.

Hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks for the replies.

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Not many moving parts so worth checking for loose or missing screws. Hope all is well now, good luck.

Reaction score
Sounds good AndyAlex. Possible a bit of dirt got into a motor, very tight clearances in there, and has now gone? Just feel the motor temperatures after a flight for any overheating.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark VAn\