clover leaf female to female on receiver??

Reaction score
I just noticed my clover leaf is female and so is my receiver. Does that mean its pretty much useless on there? I have two antennas on my receiver and would leave one stock one and had the clover leaf on the other. Just curious if i would be better offer with two stock antennas for now? I couldnt find an adapter anywhere to try and make the clover leaf male :x

Yeah I noticed the same on mine. The stock antennae has a pin, the DJI cloverleaf does not a pin. Are we missing out on range?

Yes, as although the signal will "jump" the small gap, it will also massively attenuate it.

You can make a pin from a small length of copper wire. You just need to find some the right diameter. The "twin and earth" cable found in house wiring is good for this, as the strands are pretty thick. You need about 4mm of it, cut to size and gently sanded to get rid of burrs.

This diagram can help you determine which connector type(s) you have, and what you need to get to match:

images

FlyingHigh said:
Yeah I noticed the same on mine. The stock antennae has a pin, the DJI cloverleaf does not a pin. Are we missing out on range?

I have two antennas on my monitor and went to the city again today and instead of using one clover leaf and one stock antenna i used two stock antennas which seemed to work better then having the clover leaf on. I bought an antenna set from FPVLR so I guess ill just wait for those instead of trying to get the clover leaf to fit. Really wish I realized this before i bought the FPVLR but apparently those are extremely good so I guess well see!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj