close to accident.....

Reaction score
An other day of training my new phantom 3 standart.
before i fly with phantom 1,fc40 and other drones like tarantula x6.
So i got some experience.
Today i try for the first time the "follow me".
I open the gps to my phone,i select "follow me" when i go high,and i press ok........
I start walking and for my mobile phone i see happy the drone going after me!!!!!
1,2 seconds later the drone speed up and i hi speed is going straigt........
i take the control manualy,dont work to my comands 100%,i was luky beacouse a pole,and a big tree very close......after a lot of maneuvering i land safe the drone......
what was that??????
my mistake???????
firmware phantoms 1.5.7 and phones 2.8.1....

It's possible your phone got bad GPS signal and reported an incorrect location to the P3S. Putting the S1 switch into the uppermost position (P-Mode) should immediately stop it and make it hover in place (assuming the AC has good GPS lock of course).

Upload your flight log from you tablet/phone to DJI Flight Log Viewer and share the link here. We might be able to ascertain what happened.

If you had a GPS lock (likely compass) issue with the AC it would have drifted with the wind (I.e switched to ATTI mode). There have been instances where the reported GPS position by the phone/tablet connected to your AC has a glitch and the AC is simply flying to the reported position (rare but demonstrated).

The AC many have momentarily lost connection and had initiated RTH.

All guesswork- get your flight log uploaded.

Thanks for the answers.
Today i try 2 times follow me.
First time works nice.i walk around 4-5 minutes and still follow me.
Second time never start follow me.
I gona try more.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers