Client work

Reaction score
Doing my first piece of photography for a client tomorrow (not charging for it by the way but hoping for a bit of good publicity from it).
I'm keeping it simple, so photos only and I've scouted the area by way of an onsite survey.
It's a tennis club, so there'll be a few people around and altho my focus is on capturing the facilities not the members, there will inevitably be a number of images with people moving in shot. I intend to be flying around 120' up and the
forecast is for bright sunshine.
Does anyone have any views as to required shutter speed/iso ratings or other camera settings I should be using?
Thanks

Bright sunshine is idea, but watch out for shadows that look unsightly. Use a higher frame rate (60P or better) as it gives you more options for slowing down footage later in case you are too fast (especially if the final product is at 30P). Keeps it all looking smoother. Given you are shooting facilities, you are probably not looking for that "cinematic" look, so the high shutter speeds won't matter too much, but in the future if you prefer that look, get some ND filters. Set the color space to LOG and adjust in post.

Good luck!

edit: just read you are shooting photos: shoot RAW, also in LOG and adjust later. If you can, get a PL filter to help control scattered light. It will make a HUGE difference in the outcome.

You may want to try a hood on the lens in bright sunlight.

Is there a reason you mentioned you were not charging for it? You do have a pilots license and a 333 exemption correct?

Bright sunshine is idea, but watch out for shadows that look unsightly. Use a higher frame rate (60P or better) as it gives you more options for slowing down footage later in case you are too fast (especially if the final product is at 30P). Keeps it all looking smoother. Given you are shooting facilities, you are probably not looking for that "cinematic" look, so the high shutter speeds won't matter too much, but in the future if you prefer that look, get some ND filters. Set the color space to LOG and adjust in post.

Good luck!

edit: just read you are shooting photos: shoot RAW, also in LOG and adjust later. If you can, get a PL filter to help control scattered light. It will make a HUGE difference in the outcome.
Frame rate is not applicable for still pictures.

Is there a reason you mentioned you were not charging for it? You do have a pilots license and a 333 exemption correct?
I'm in the U.K. So 333 n/a I do have rpq certification but not full licence as not completed my ops manual for submission to CAA yet.
I'm using this is as a practice exercise and hopefully to get a bit of good feedback for the work done, that's all

Good luck!

Many thank for this.
Cheers

I'm in the U.K. So 333 n/a I do have rpq certification but not full licence as not completed my ops manual for submission to CAA yet.
I'm using this is as a practice exercise and hopefully to get a bit of good feedback for the work done, that's all
OK, you did not list your location so I assumed... my bad. Many people in the US have a misconception that doing something like what you have planned is allowed here but it's not.

PS - the lens shade I refer to can be bought very cheaply or even home made. I have used a piece of black paper board to craft one for my Gopro on my P2. I bought a plastic one for my P3.

OK, you did not list your location so I assumed... my bad. Many people in the US have a misconception that doing something like what you have planned is allowed here but it's not.

PS - the lens shade I refer to can be bought very cheaply or even home made. I have used a piece of black paper board to craft one for my Gopro on my P2. I bought a plastic one for my P3.
No probs. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20