Client requires specfic format

Reaction score
Hello Folks, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have a client that has requested the following video format:

"We accept 4K as follows:
3840x2160, the preferred frame size, is accepted with Photo JPEG, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) and Apple ProRes 4444 codec only.
4096x2160 is accepted with Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) and Photo JPEG.
Pixel Aspect Ratio: (1.0)"

I dont an Apple ProRes license and I'm using Premier Pro CS 6. Is there a way for me get this done with buying new software or a license?

I'd really appreciate help from folks who are working with this format. TIA!

I think what you client suggesting is that their work environment is Apple computer and the Apple ProRes 422 is from Final Cut Pro. You will need an Apple computer and Final Cut Pro in order to create their requirements. I have both.

Reactions: donk
I think I may have found the solution. During the Export in PP if you select Quicktime as the format the Photo-JPEG is an option for the Codec. Its rendering now. I'll report back with my results.

I think I may have found the solution. During the Export in PP if you select Quicktime as the format the Photo-JPEG is an option for the Codec. Its rendering now. I'll report back with my results.
You will still need the Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) and Apple ProRes 4444 codec. The only way to get these is buying an Apple computer and installing final cut pro on it.

Photo JPEG is listed as an accepted format and that's available in PP CS6. Although I could use that excuses to justify purchasing the Inspire 2 and ProRes license;)

I think what you client suggesting is that their work environment is Apple computer and the Apple ProRes 422 is from Final Cut Pro. You will need an Apple computer and Final Cut Pro in order to create their requirements. I have both.
There are several PC based encoders that will do prores- even ones that use FFmpeg, some are free. I like FCPX though.

Well I've rendered this video 4-5 times today and I cant seem to get the output to playback as smooth as the original. I've tried different frame rates, frame blending,maximum render quality all with no luck. the output file is very choppy. The format is Quick Time and the codec is Photo-JPEG. Can anyone offer a solution

Reactions: iflyp3s
Well I've rendered this video 4-5 times today and I cant seem to get the output to playback as smooth as the original. I've tried different frame rates, frame blending,maximum render quality all with no luck. the output file is very choppy. The format is Quick Time and the codec is Photo-JPEG. Can anyone offer a solution
The solution like I replied before is getting an Apple system and final cut pro. So you can produce the requirements of your client.

My Client will except Photo-JPEG and that's the output format I'm asking about.

When you use Photo JPEG, you are producing a massive file that uses interframe compression. It's not designed to playback smoothly, it's designed to be imported as a source file with the original data as intact as possible.

If you open the file in Premiere, can you step the video and see what you are supposed to see? If you can navigate through the video cleanly, then it's working.

Problem solved. It took some digging but it can be done.

First thing you need to do is download and unpack the Codecs them selves. Then you can download and install the ProRes presets.

Here's a great video on the process. Well worth the effort IMHO.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: anotherlab
When you use Photo JPEG, you are producing a massive file that uses interframe compression. It's not designed to playback smoothly, it's designed to be imported as a source file with the original data as intact as possible.

If you open the file in Premiere, can you step the video and see what you are supposed to see? If you can navigate through the video cleanly, then it's working.

Massive is right! 34Gb for a 1 min. clip! the same clip in ProRes 422 was 500k!

Problem solved. It took some digging but it can be done.

First thing you need to do is download and unpack the Codecs them selves. Then you can download and install the ProRes presets.

Here's a great video on the process. Well worth the effort IMHO.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That's handy

I can't decide if I'm glad or sad that I don't have a clue what you're talking about here LOL.

Reactions: anotherlab
No worries, neither did I a week ago! If you're editing in Adobe Premier Pro you've got a ton of options when you export. I'm selling footage to a client who had some very specific requests for the format I delivered it in. the readers digest version is that it's a very high quality video that's not too big a file size

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers