Clearing Logs from used purchased P3?

Reaction score
I've been told that our flight logs reside on the P3 itself, not on our tablets or in the "Cloud" - first- is that true?
Also - how much internal memory is there in the P3 ?
Only heard it from one source & just want to verify.

Second - if I purchase a used P3 from a friend, how would I - if even possible - clear his flight logs off so only my new flights are added to the flight log once I start using it?

This is new to me and learning but looks to me the logs are in your tablet and went to Sync my few flights to the cloud and seen this .
IMG_1548.PNG Maybe the Clear Flight Records is where you would clean them out .
I got that by clicking on the cloud in top right .Maybe he would have to do it in his account before you get it . Don't know for sure .

Thanks. I'll check that out.

Anyone else know for sure about where the logs are & if you can clear them?
Or is it something that is always on file for your Account with DJI?

Don't know if that will do it but just found that and saw your post . Still trying to get a grip with this app :) Used the Vision app so long this one blows my mind :eek:

@jephoto If you pull out the battery and place a flashlight inside you'll actually see a 4gb Internal Memory Card which is where all the flight logs are stored. Only problem is, Dji glued it in place just in case of a good bump or crash it wouldn't fall out. In my case, I have a "mC Data Error" and I can't clear my logs thru the app. It's currently using 3.60gb of space and therefore my P3A is not storing flight logs but still flies as if nothing is wrong...

Reactions: dirkclod
@jephoto If you pull out the battery and place a flashlight inside you'll actually see a 4gb Internal Memory Card which is where all the flight logs are stored. Only problem is, Dji glued it in place just in case of a good bump or crash it wouldn't fall out. In my case, I have a "mC Data Error" and I can't clear my logs thru the app. It's currently using 3.60gb of space and therefore my P3A is not storing flight logs but still flies as if nothing is wrong...
So it doesn't overwrite old logs when it fills up? Just stops writing new ones?
That doesn't sound right. Not saying you are wrong - just that it's kind of crazy.
And as far as you know we can't edit or clear the old logs?

@jephoto It overwrites everytime you power cycle the Phantom per Dji Tech Support. I spoke with a rep and apparently my SD Card is corrupted and they want me to send it in but don't feel like waiting 5-8 weeks for my drone to come back. As far clearing the flight logs, you should be able to do it thru the app...

@jephoto It overwrites everytime you power cycle the Phantom per Dji Tech Support. I spoke with a rep and apparently my SD Card is corrupted and they want me to send it in but don't feel like waiting 5-8 weeks for my drone to come back. As far clearing the flight logs, you should be able to do it thru the app...
I am having the sme problem after I upgraded the aircraft and the remote with the new updates . 8Turning the aircraft off and on does nothing, and there is no option to format the internal card from the app as its not there. I guess DJI removed that featur with the update. I have tried plugging in through the the front and get nothing. For such a great aircraft what a horrible way to keep the flight data recorded wher the owner cannot remove the card and replace it with a new one. What things I have found on Google is there seems to be a lot more people with the MC data error popping up.

@Fusion2u Best bet is to send it in and have them fix the issue. There turn around time has become a lot better

@Fusion2u Thats the worst feeling but to know when it was returned in a few weeks now with that "safe to fly" was a huge relief. Just give them a call so they can create the work order and get your Phantom sent in for repairs. Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic