Clear plastic gimbal tabs

Reaction score
Quick question. I was inspecting my P3/4K yesterday and noticed that there are clear tabs that gives through the gimbal bushings. I only noticed 2 that are kiddy corner the bird. Is there suppose to be 4 or just 2?
20170105_031046-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

You should only have two pins installed diagonally from one another.

Reactions: loonie01
You should only have two pins installed diagonally from one another.
Thanks. I was a little worried because I flew into a bush the other day and thought the other 2 might have popped off.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

More pins means stiffer mount, means more transfer of vibration. Not to mention the extra 0.001g that's a game changer.
But DJI says if you want you CAN put 2 more pins on it, they will even sell them to you. Don't know if the care program will replace 4 pins though.
So that is the angle, camera would have survived the jet ski if you hadn't put two extra pins in it.

But your gimbal lock doesn't look straight, so you may have done a little damage to it.

Reactions: loonie01
It's hard to tell in the pictures but in the top one the yaw arm doesn't look centered on the shaft coming from the camera CPU. It doesn't take much to affect it. You can try to adjust the gimbal roll to get it straight

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic