Cleaning The P3 ?

Reaction score
Was going to use turtle wax to give my copter a good clean and shine, was just wondering do any of you boys clean or wax your copter?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just use a damp cloth and a little soap if needed. I save the wax for my car :)

It's textured plastic.
I'd avoid waxes.

Most of the times, a lightly damp cloth is good enough for me, never thought of using any polish or wax. If the site was dusty, I use pressurized canned air to blow off dust specially from motors.

Reactions: zlively
For those areas that might be stained, try a damp magic eraser

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sim597
i use qtips dipped in rubbing alcohol and it whitens the drone like new (for marks and small stuff)

Those magic erasers are the best to clean my P3P and now my P4, if your wife doesn't have any under the sink, get some! They're cheap and do the best job, I don't even get mine wet. I also use them to clean the props off of the bug guts and dirt.

Reactions: Romans109
Wet wipe, normally used for wiping babies butts then a dry off with a tissue.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Those magic erasers are the best to clean my P3P and now my P4, if your wife doesn't have any under the sink, get some! They're cheap and do the best job, I don't even get mine wet. I also use them to clean the props off of the bug guts and dirt.

They are mildly abrasive IIRC.

You've had no issues de-glossing or scratching the glossy, smooth, P4?

I'll wipe mine down with 303 or Lexol. Has UV protection for the plastic and helps keep the sand/dust from sticking. Makes wiping bugs off much easier.

Reactions: EddieM
Dishwasher
Good call. I've never even considered it before!!
I just added my phantom, controller, batteries, iphone and my macbook to the dishwasher. Will update after the dry cycle completes.

Turtle wax and most other car polishes us petroleum distillate. Not a good idea on a plastic shell

Good call. I've never even considered it before!!
I just added my phantom, controller, batteries, iphone and my macbook to the dishwasher. Will update after the dry cycle completes.

You must be a country hayseed. I'm lucky enough to live in the big city. I can actually land my PA3 on top of a car (that's already paid) at the Brown Bear Car Wash and getting ready to go in. When it comes out the other end, I just quietly mingle in with the towel guys at the end, grab my quad and take off. It's really clean and waxed and doesn't cost me a dime. Note: I do re-calibrate my compass after doing this because some of the waxes are titanium based and can throw off the compass. I also wring out the props just for safety.

Reactions: Sim597
They are mildly abrasive IIRC.

You've had no issues de-glossing or scratching the glossy, smooth, P4?
No not at all, I've since used some special wax, that kind that you can do your car with no water, not that I'd do that unless the car was just washed, but after that I gave it a close close look over and it's perfect

You must be a country hayseed. I'm lucky enough to live in the big city. I can actually land my PA3 on top of a car (that's already paid) at the Brown Bear Car Wash and getting ready to go in. When it comes out the other end, I just quietly mingle in with the towel guys at the end, grab my quad and take off. It's really clean and waxed and doesn't cost me a dime. Note: I do re-calibrate my compass after doing this because some of the waxes are titanium based and can throw off the compass. I also wring out the props just for safety.
Boy that seems like a lot of manual work...following the towel guys around, creating a diversion while you run away with your quad and the change from the tip jar...

On a related note...none of my stuff works after the dry cycle!!! I've reevaluated the process and it still makes sense to me so I blame the dishwasher, not the process. I threw the dishwasher out last night. She had to stay with her mother.

Reactions: Royr1957

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31