Cleaning Phantom 4

Just something simple will do it. Try a wet paper towel or baby wipes.

Do you have experience with sea mist (salty)? I believe my motors, including the ones driving the gimbal, won't last too long..

Even when there is not that much in the air, after a flight the drone body and propelers are kind of wet / sticky

I personally would not fly my Phantom through salty sea mist. That's most likely going to eventually eat through the metal on your Phantom. If you must fly in those locations, you might want to look into protecting those parts with something like Corrosion-X.

Do you have experience with sea mist (salty)? I believe my motors, including the ones driving the gimbal, won't last too long..

Even when there is not that much in the air, after a flight the drone body and propelers are kind of wet / sticky

I did not know that salt evaporates

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Local Harley or motorcycle shop has a spray can of Plexus that is good for plastics and getting bugs off their motorcycle windshields. Makes it easier to clean later too. I use it on the hard carrying case too.

Yup baby wipes works great on many things, try it on the bugs on your car and see how well it works. No harsh chemicals ( I hope not there for babies)

I use Armor All cleaning wipes and their protective wipes. The protective wipes seem to make it easier to remove the bug strikes.

After cleaning, I suggest a quality car wax applied to your drone. It improves flight drag and makes cleaning a lot easier.
I used to wax my Cessna 150 and it increased speed by 10 knots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj