Clanging metallic sound from P4 - anyone else?

Reaction score
I noticed this immediately when I started flying my new P4, and landed right away to see if something was loose it. Nothing appears to be, but I get this metallic clanging noise when I fly it.

I happened on a YouTube video of somebody filming his first P4 flight, and lo and behold, roughly the same sound. It sounds worrying, but maybe it's normal... anyone else?

KP

I didn't notice this when flying mine. Got a link to that video?

I don't hear anything odd. Mine sounds exactly like that.

Is it the wobble sound you hear on take off - like something spinning out of balance?

If so, check your props. That could be the sound you're hearing..

The only weird noise I am hearing on mine is from the gimble. It has a squeak noise when it moves at certain points.

It's the ringing, rattling, high-pitched sound you hear at take off there, and also throughout the flight (at least the start where the mic on the ground is still picking up the P4 sound).

It may not be a material problem with my P4 since I also hear it on this vid, but it still gives me an uneasy feeling. I can hear it from 500' in the air.

For some of the film work I've done with the P3P, being as quiet as possible has been critical to success. (nothing salacious nor illegal)

So, apart from having me wondering whether something's about to spin off the craft, the noise level is something I'm possibly hyper-sensitive to.

I'll switch out the blades and keep tinkering to see if I can isolate the source of it.

KP

I noticed this immediately when I started flying my new P4, and landed right away to see if something was loose it. Nothing appears to be, but I get this metallic clanging noise when I fly it.

I happened on a YouTube video of somebody filming his first P4 flight, and lo and behold, roughly the same sound. It sounds worrying, but maybe it's normal... anyone else?

KP
Dude, I accidently ran in to your vlogs traveling to South Africa with your wife! I love love love your videos.

This is a man that understands what it's all about. You looked like you we're having so much fun, meeting people.

The P4 ladies and gentleman is a prosumer item and he uses it as it should.

LOVE your vlog. So much fun. Watched about 10 of them in a row last week.

***oops, just realized someone was posting his vid.

It's the ringing, rattling, high-pitched sound you hear at take off there, and also throughout the flight (at least the start where the mic on the ground is still picking up the P4 sound).

It may not be a material problem with my P4 since I also hear it on this vid, but it still gives me an uneasy feeling. I can hear it from 500' in the air.

For some of the film work I've done with the P3P, being as quiet as possible has been critical to success. (nothing salacious nor illegal)

So, apart from having me wondering whether something's about to spin off the craft, the noise level is something I'm possibly hyper-sensitive to.

I'll switch out the blades and keep tinkering to see if I can isolate the source of it.

KP
microphones CANNOT be trusted anywhere near the bird. The interference makes a very odd noise that isn't really there.

Don't know if I have to worry or not.
yes, that is the question, do we need to worry ..or this is just a normal operation noise. I did not have this noise in my P3P.

y had to watch the video several times.
I did hear a sound sort of like the ringing of a bell.
herd this when it took off and part way through the flight and herd it when it landed too.
mine does not do that.

I have the same sound with my P4,
Between myself and 4 friends we have 8 P3P's
None of them make this sound.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj