Claimed Altitudes

Reaction score
Just checking to see peoples views. Both the new Karma and Mavic specs are showing 14000-16000 altitude rating. Are these operating altitudes?

I assume both new models are restricted to the 500 Metre (16,460 ft) fly to limit we experience on other drones.

I know people frown upon higher altitude flying, but i have seen the need as when flying in Europe and wanting to see the whole amazing layout of a fortified town.

Any input thx.

If it get's disconnected ,when it's all the way up, does it return to home the same way?

Last edited:
The Mavic will be limited to 500M above the takeoff point.

Though Mavic is restricted to 500m above take off point, its maximum flying height above sea level is 5000m:

Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 16404 feet (5000 m)

In short, if you live at an altitude of 16000 feet, you can safely fly at 400' above ground.

Last edited:
If you had a really good battery and no wind (and if the firmware would let you do it), at max vertical acceleration you could get a P3 up to 6000 meters in 20 minutes. At which point you'd better have a parachute rigged up or something, because it will start descending a lot faster than three meters per second...

Reactions: Johnbryson

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic