CL orientation is not working

AAC

Reaction score
I have my PV2+ back from service center after 3 weeks sitting there. I did all firmwares update, calibrated all RC sticks and PV2+, calibrated the compass on location.
However, when I flew it in Course Lock under Naza mode, it went well in up/down, turning but not right under right side control. Pushed up didn't go forward, pushed left didn't go left.
From the RC system (see attachment), I selected Mode 2. Should I select Mode 1 to make the CL work ? What's the difference betweeen Mode 1 & 2 ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    144.9 KB · Views: 493
Mode 1 and 2 reverses the function of the two joysticks. Mode 1 has throttle on the right stick.

OK. it seems my Mode 1 & 2 assignment are correct.
But why I pushed right stick forward, it moved left and right direction in 45 degree, not even in straight line ? wrong compass calibration ?

When you are in Course Lock, the Phantom will respond to the stick movements as if it was pointing in the direction that it took off from. Say the nose was pointing North on the ground when you took off and then you pointed the nose to the East while in the air. If you then went to Course Lock, pushing the right stick forward would still make it fly to the North even though the nose is pointing East.

pb7424 said:
When you are in Course Lock, the Phantom will respond to the stick movements as if it was pointing in the direction that it took off from. Say the nose was pointing North on the ground when you took off and then you pointed the nose to the East while in the air. If you then went to Course Lock, pushing the right stick forward would still make it fly to the North even though the nose is pointing East.

Yes, the nose was pointing North and controller was facing the battery.
It took off smoothly, able to hover in mid air. But when I push right stick forward, it flew to right. If this is nothing wrong with the RC calibration, I will go the physical compass calibration again.

It took off and flying under CL mode.
Should I click to Off on S2 when taking off , then switched to CL when it was in the air ? Then the orientation will under CL control ?

AAC said:
pb7424 said:

Yes, the nose was pointing North and controller was facing the battery.
It took off smoothly, able to hover in mid air. But when I push right stick forward, it flew to right. If this is nothing wrong with the RC calibration, I will go the physical compass calibration again.

The position of the controller (TX) has no influence on the CL. It all depends in which orientation the Phantom nose was when the orientation was registered which is usually 30 seconds after power ON or when registered manually via the multi switch toggle. So if the nose was directly North when orientation was saved then it will Fly north if the stick is pushed forward in CL mode no matter how the Phantom is rotated.

I would take off in GPS mode (S1 and S2 in the full up position) with the Phantom pointing straight in front of you. Go to a hover in front of you and make sure the right control stick works properly in all directions. Then you can yaw the Phantom 90 degrees so that the nose is pointing in a different direction (say from North to East). Now go to CL (Switch S2 in mid position). Push right stick forward and the Phantom should fly straight away from you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20