CL & HL modes Transmitter

Reaction score
Hi Guys What are Course Lock & Home Lock modes on my PV2's transmitter and what are the benefits of that and how to activate it

EMCSQUAR said:

Nicely done! BTW, that first 13 + minute video is what I watched to finally really understand the IOC functions. It can also be found on Gunslinger's website, which contains a lot of useful videos/info.

Finally, thanks to EMCSQUAR for pointing the noob in the right direction without having a stroke and brow beating the noob for his audacity to ask such a question. Further proof that there is always a right way and a wrong way to do most anything!

Re: CL & HL modes Transmitter

Good video for newbs. You explained the different modes well. I can see using HL for circling a target you're trying to film but I haven't yet found a practical use for CL.

You could use CL for a tracking shot. Set the home point with the nose pointing in the same direction as your required track. After take-off line up the camera with your subject in view. Engage CL. Push stick forward and the aircraft should then track in a straight line, maintaining the distance from subject. If you are standing at the start point of the track then left and right on the right stick will move the camera closer in/further out. If you used the still camera in timed mode you could take stills of a car, runner, horse and rider, etc, whilst they were on the move using the same method?

I think I understood what I just wrote... Not sure I explained it correctly, but hopefully you get what I mean,

Re: CL & HL modes Transmitter

Pull_Up said:
You could use CL for a tracking shot. Set the home point with the nose pointing in the same direction as your required track. After take-off line up the camera with your subject in view. Engage CL. Push stick forward and the aircraft should then track in a straight line, maintaining the distance from subject. If you are standing at the start point of the track then left and right on the right stick will move the camera closer in/further out. If you used the still camera in timed mode you could take stills of a car, runner, horse and rider, etc, whilst they were on the move using the same method?

I think I understood what I just wrote... Not sure I explained it correctly, but hopefully you get what I mean,

Good point. I haven't found a subject to do that with yet but now I can see how it would be helpful especially for a moving object.

thecoolsaini said:
How to activate CL & Hl modes

As I said in my video, if these modes are something of interest to you then you really need to go and research more about them - that includes how to activate. I deliberately didn't put that in the video as I don't believe people should activate them lightly. Do a search on here, look at the IOC sections of the DJI wiki under the NAZA section, then read the Vision manual again - it tells you how to activate it there.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't think it's something you should simply have a go at without investing a bit more time in getting to know what it can and can't do, and most importantly when it won't work.

Pull_Up said:

Thanks very much for this nice Lego-way presentation. Everything's clear now. :D

Pull_Up said:
thecoolsaini said:
How to activate CL & Hl modes

As I said in my video, if these modes are something of interest to you then you really need to go and research more about them - that includes how to activate. I deliberately didn't put that in the video as I don't believe people should activate them lightly. Do a search on here, look at the IOC sections of the DJI wiki under the NAZA section, then read the Vision manual again - it tells you how to activate it there.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't think it's something you should simply have a go at without investing a bit more time in getting to know what it can and can't do, and most importantly when it won't work.
thanks very much

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik