Circular Video Recording

Reaction score
Hi guys, new pilot here but loving my Phantom 2 V+

quick question i am get better at stabilised flying, but wanted to know if there is an easier way to record
around an object

for an example a building i want to record the entire diameter of with the camera remaining focused on the object as it flies in a circle around it, can this be done with the inbuilt GS on my app

thanks all

There are some SDK 3rd party apps that may help,but nothing in the DJI phantom vision GS app.

If I want a shot like that, it's a slow flight in ATTI , usually with IOC course lock. I can speed it up in post-production

Shinho62, this is something that can only be done with practice. Here's a technique that might help you:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shinho62, this is something that can only be done with practice. Here's a technique that might help you:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is how to do it.
In the video they say to hold the yaw stick and control the circle with the roll stick. I have found that it works either way. Hold either stick stationary and control the circle with the other stick. yaw and roll. I got tired of waiting for POI so I found this and have been practicing. Start by flying a circle around yourself. I tried this on a tree about 100 feet away from me. I was too far away and crashed into the backside of the tree. Even with FPV. haha Stay close and go slow. Slow is better for video anyway. My goal is to make a video fly by of my neighbor's show car. ...still practicing. I have done the slow yaw mod to my TX, that helps also.

Their is a third part app www.flylitchi.com that has a POI (point of interest) ability to do exactly that. Check out the web site and the function of POI.

Yes the Litchi app is the way to go,nose in or out POI add on to the main app. The pic is from my Flytrex mission and shows my flight of 2 inner circles and on outer circle, which I cut short. Very good and easy.
warton.JPG

Yep. Litchi app is your answer. Not perfect, but better than all but the best manual piloting! I do find that if you let it fly round a few times the circles get better and you can just pick the smoothest bits out in your edit.

how small of a circle can you fly like that?
Can you get down to a 20 foot diameter circle?
Or does it have to be more like 100 feet?
Is that the home point it circles around?

It is possible to fly a circle with zero radius to get panorama photos if you wish. The larger the radius, the better the circle accuracy. It circles around any point selected by you. You may face nose in or nose out.

Absolutely the best app I have seen. GS is also great, Follow Me works well and the app also has a WiFi booster and flight logs. It connects to the Phantom automatically and starts video recording with no user intervention. I no longer have to repeat a flight path because I forgot to turn on video recording. When you have CRS like me, this is a necessary tool.

CRS= Can't Remember $hit

Reactions: Ross
wow I have been a long time fan of Ultimate Flight but now I have to try Litchi.
I use an Acer 8" tablet but there is no compass in the tablet. I have installed other apps where they need the compass to do this stuff. So everything works except for POI, follow me, etc. all the stuff I want. haha
Do you know if Litchi requires a compass in the tab?
I am more like CSS - Can't See $hit haha

I was using IOS and iPhone with DJI app. After evaluating the alternative apps I decided on Litchi, but needed to go to Android (no IOS version). I decided on a Nexus 7 because it has compass and GPS, and the processor and RAM to run effectively. Litchi is demanding of resources so be sure to investigate how your device might perform .

If I had the cash, I would have bought a Nividia Shield, but a new Nexus 7 on Amazon worked for me ($400 vs $150). Quad core 1.5 GHz processor, 2GB RAM, compass, GPS, high screen resolution (1920x1200). (Note: specs edited 7/5)

The device you use will be directly proportional to your level of satisfaction with any app you choose.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.