Circles, not TBE on a P2

Reaction score
Anyone having a issue with the P2 doing slow circles in a hover ?
I was flying tonight, did a straight up liftoff(with 11 gps locks) to about 100 ft, give or take. All controls neutral, and the P2 started doing very slow rotations. I added some left/right rudder, and that stopped the rotation. I proceeded to forward flight and the thing started doing circles again while in forward flight. In forward flight it was a big loop for lack of a description. Put it in go home mode because it was difficult flying otherwise, it locked on and came straight back to the home point. When it got close to landing, I grabbed control back at about 5 ft, and let it hover again. Circles again.... So I landed it.....
Did a compass calibration, everything checked out, green lights, 10 gps locks, took off, same thing..... except this time it did a slow corkscrew up to altitude.....

I am back to running 1.8 down from 2.0 on the firmware, it has been in for a week or more. I am at a loss for what this issue could be... Anyone else out there have this happen ?

Do an advanced IMU calibration, especially when changing between firmware.

I did both the basic and advanced calibrations on the IMU. Interesting thing there. Whenever I try to do the advanced cal, I get a box that says the IMU is too warm. I don't know how that could be, I usually do the calibration after the P2 has been sitting overnight, or a couple hours after a flight. Strange.....

gecarey said:
I did both the basic and advanced calibrations on the IMU. Interesting thing there. Whenever I try to do the advanced cal, I get a box that says the IMU is too warm. I don't know how that could be, I usually do the calibration after the P2 has been sitting overnight, or a couple hours after a flight. Strange.....

Have you checked that the surface where you did the advanced calibration is absolutely level? And have you tried doing it in a different location? Ignore the overheating message it's a well known software glitch. Somebody on another thread somewhere has been having the same problem as you and has just posted that he's fixed it by doing the IMU calibration on the floor instead of his desk cos it seems more level - this is after many people telling him over and over to check the surface was level but him seemingly ignoring the advice until it appeared to be HIS idea to move location.

Yup,
The surface inside is a granite counter top, and outside is a dead level piece of sidewalk..... Until let night , I had not flown in a few days... too windy. I did have the battery out of it, but that should not be a factor..... Should/Could it ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj