Circled by an eagle

Reaction score
Wow. This was only my 6th flight. I live in a New Jersey suburb and we don't see much wildlife in my area. I was hovering at about 65 meters around noon. I looked down for a sec then looked back up and there was a bald eagle moving in and he circled my P3A for a few laps, about 45 seconds at most. I got scared he might attack my bird and moved down pretty quickly. After that i watched him move on down and away from me. Sorry if you are bored with this, but bald eagles are a wonderful sight around here. Anyone else been stalked by mother nature?

The Hawks by me are keenly interested in it. I let it hover at around 200 feet as well. They ALWAYS circle it and check it out.

We have flocks of buzzards around here a lot and I have been trying to get some video of them but it's harder than it looks.

I just went back up and there were two this time. Must be the sound it makes. Pretty cool. Just wish I could have got a pic of them.

I got buzzed by a crow twice on one of my last flights. Thought when he turned around for a second pass he was going to harass my phantom as they do hawks.

Cant speak to phantom but my RC planes experience regular interaction with a variety of birds that are indigenous to Tennessee. I have noticed that planes that make a high pictched whine are more attractive. I have had a lot of fun with sparrows which love my smaller flying wings.

I have also while thermalling my Zagi gotten buzzards to join my circular pattern. Once I got 10 or so in my pattern. I love that Zagi it flys for hours and has an old school AM radio/transmitter and simple NiMH batteries and an old 400 can motor. I dot that thing out at no telling how many feet, cut the power and fly for hours.

I just went back up and there were two this time. Must be the sound it makes. Pretty cool. Just wish I could have got a pic of them.

A little unknown setting is under gimbal advanced there is a toggle to allow the camera to go upwards to 30 degrees. May not be enough to to get the Eagles but might help....you can see the props though...

Wow. Hard to believe, but today my P3A was "observed" by two pair of eagles. They didn't get as close as the first time. Just had to mention it though. Such a beautiful sight to see. To see four bald eagles circling at one time is just awe inspiring. Makes me feel like all giddy to see them. Sorry if this bores you but I just had to mention it. Thanks again.

Just walked in from a Litchi flight where a big red tailed hawk was on my "6".

I had let Litchi beta have the helm and it had just left the lake and was overflying some broken woodland/farm fields on a mission when it apparently spooked up the hawk from the treeline.

Litchi doesn't have a "jinking" mode, lol, but the hawk got above the drone and fortunately left it alone.

Just walked in from a Litchi flight where a big red tailed hawk was on my "6".

I had let Litchi beta have the helm and it had just left the lake and was overflying some broken woodland/farm fields on a mission when it apparently spooked up the hawk from the treeline.

Litchi doesn't have a "jinking" mode, lol, but the hawk got above the drone and fortunately left it alone.

Makes you nervous when they get near, doesn't it? Just an awesome sight when you get to see those beautiful creatures.

Makes you nervous when they get near, doesn't it? Just an awesome sight when you get to see those beautiful creatures.
It is a great sight. I could see the hawk but when I moved my eyes to the hawk, I lost sight of the drone.

He/she left it alone and let it continue the mission. I was proud to find it again in the sky without a hitch hiker.

i have turkey buzzards ,, like 5 foot wing span hawlks and others in the pinelands ,,, i get out of there way an go low ,, lol dont want to hurt either birds ,,, lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31