Cinemisers , which HDMI cable ?

Reaction score
I'm trying to improve the quality of the video in my Cinemisers. Zeiss support say I should be using a 1.4a cable to connect the lightning adapter from my phone to the Cinemiser HDMI adapter.
Am I wasting my money getting yet another HDMI cable that is 'supposed' to improve video quality ?

HDMI either works or it doesn't.

Unlike analogue signals - or digital signals with error correction, so long as the signal makes it through intact, that's all you need. This vital piece of information is buried by the retailers and cable makers, who are making fortunes and mugs of us all!

FYI, there is no such thing as an HDMI 1.4a cable. The 1.4a refers to the HDMI version, not the cable. Cables are either standard or high speed. For FPV, standard is fine, as you are not running 3D or advanced audio formats.

I got a a mini hdmi to hdmi cable from eBay. Works fine from me and I no longer need to use yet another adapter cable as the mini hdmi plugs directly into the cinemizers. I got one of 75 cm long and the cable is so thin that I can fit it in the cinemizer carry case along with the rest.

-David

HyperThin World's Thinnest & most flexible HDMI cable Mini (0.8m Black)
I bought one of these from the US

Cost about £18 delivered to the UK, and about 5 days to arrive :)

Works a treat :)

http://www.hypershop.com/HyperThin/HTM08-BLACK.html

HTM08-BLACK-3.jpg

Mossie said:
I'm trying to improve the quality of the video in my Cinemisers. Zeiss support say I should be using a 1.4a cable to connect the lightning adapter from my phone to the Cinemiser HDMI adapter.
Am I wasting my money getting yet another HDMI cable that is 'supposed' to improve video quality ?

Most people complain about the image being too dark to navigate, especially on overcast days and during the evening. The way to remedy this is to Chang the exposure up from 0 to whatever you're comfortable with. You can go up to two stops, it can make the evening look like a bright sunny day ;)

So keep in mind that the image settings not only affect the video and photos you record, but also the live view. You can narrow or widen the view as well as darken the image or make it brighter...

This will obviously be replicated into the cinemizers

-David

I've always read since they came out, to buy the cheapest cable, there is no difference between a cheap Wal Mart cable and a $100 Monster cable.

planedr said:
I've always read since they came out, to buy the cheapest cable, there is no difference between a cheap Wal Mart cable and a $100 Monster cable.

The only moment you would want to get a more expensive cable is when you need to run long distances 10m and up. It's not entirely true that hdmi either works or not, over greater distances you might get an image with little specks in it that appear and disappear if the cable is inadequate for the distance. I have seen it running a cable of 15m to my projector. In 720p it worked fine in 1080i it worked fine but in 1080p I got little specks dancing around on the image until I replaced the cable with a better one.

For normal lengths it doesn't matter.

-David

Does anyone know if this kind of cable would work for connecting a Sony Xperia Z2 to a pair of Cinemizer OLED glasses?

Before finding this thread I thought I needed a Sony MHL->HDMI adapter but this adapter needs constant power meaning I need to carry around not only the adapter but also a battery pack so if I could simply use a cable instead that would be great!

The resolution on the App is ALWAYS going to be bad. It was designed to be bad, they're not going to switch it from bad to good, and I don't even think that you really want them to do that.

The resolution is low because you will NOT be able to reliably transfer high resolution at longer distances. If you are expecting a cinematic experience from the FPV display, it's time to round up the boxes that your stuff came in.

DaveMoi said:
planedr said:

The only moment you would want to get a more expensive cable is when you need to run long distances 10m and up. It's not entirely true that hdmi either works or not, over greater distances you might get an image with little specks in it that appear and disappear if the cable is inadequate for the distance. I have seen it running a cable of 15m to my projector. In 720p it worked fine in 1080i it worked fine but in 1080p I got little specks dancing around on the image until I replaced the cable with a better one.

For normal lengths it doesn't matter.

-David
Interesting, I didn't know that. My Bluray and everything is right under my tv so I don't need anything that long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31