Christmas Phantom 3S for my 15 year old son..

Reaction score
My son and I have been playing with the drone since the 25th when the weather permits. Im addicted.. It is truly an amazing piece of technology.. We have about 12 flights under our belts now.. We took to our south Texas ranch and we made a quick video with our first flights out of beginner mode.

Please feel free to criticise where I need to improve....
Thanks

Reactions: flyboy73
CPF, circle polarize filter. Will help with the washed out light spots from desert sun giving you more detail.
You are probably the only parent who can't wait for college.... so he has to leave the drone at home.

Reactions: microraptor
Nice for first day. You will get more interesting video by going low and slow. Perhaps a few feet off the ground flying down one of the dirt roads would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ah, love that south Texas brush country. Looks like you still have a drought going. How is the whitetail hunting around there?

Your panning will get smoother with practice. Watch videos here and on YouTube. You'll see some real masterpieces and will learn from them. Like anything worthwhile, it takes practice.

Nice for first day. You will get more interesting video by going low and slow. Perhaps a few feet off the ground flying down one of the dirt roads would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I flew down my driveway today to check mailbox. Of course at 2-3 feet I looked both ways before crossing the street.

Has anyone tried cow tipping yet? I've got two red prop guards for the bull.

CPF, circle polarize filter. Will help with the washed out light spots from desert sun giving you more detail.
You are probably the only parent who can't wait for college.... so he has to leave the drone at home.

LOL.. That is funny,,,
I will look into the CPF.. Thanks

Ah, love that south Texas brush country. Looks like you still have a drought going. How is the whitetail hunting around there?

Your panning will get smoother with practice. Watch videos here and on YouTube. You'll see some real masterpieces and will learn from them. Like anything worthwhile, it takes practice.

Flyboy...
Yes we came off a horrible 8 year drought but this year. It finally started to rain this past spring.. Much of the grass has browned due to the one day we had that touched the upper 30's. Deer hunting is always great down here.. I want to get some arial deer footage once we get more proficient. Mark Ferrell mentions "low & slow". We will definitly remember that next time.... Ooh and no Cow tipping here.... I don't that a Brahma cow would stand up for that....

Thanks gents...

LOL.. That is funny,,,
I will look into the CPF.. Thanks
They have a variable filter for ~$100 on drone world. I didn't get it myself, between drone, cell phone, and needing to get christmas gifts for rest of family, I couldn't justify it so bought the 3 pack. When first flight showed storm from previous week knocked off shingles I used the extra money to keep water out, so was right choice.
But from all the bugs splattered on drone after flight, filter in front of lens is a plus around here just to protect it. UV one gave me a light rainbow streak in a flight at 1 pm when I panned past the sun trying to follow some hawks. It worked for them, I lost them in the sun.
I miss the mountains on west side of state, used to walk into warez as a kid. Now I wouldn't get near el paso let alone warez. But my painting of ft bliss looks good over house thermostat so I can still see it the way it should be. Arial shots at white sands monument would be good for locating best dunes to board on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik