Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Christmas is coming...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simonb3526, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Simonb3526

Searched the threads and a lot have come up from last year but things have moved on. So the question a lot of Dads will be asking soon is what quad to get the kids. I have an 8 year old who loves my P3P but its too expensive and dangerous for him. Ideally something that has a camera in it that he can destroy in a min. Not too bothered on price but something that will actually be half decent and something he could use outside.

Any ideas - all the ones I have looked at on Amazon get horrible ratings.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Check out the Syma X5C. It's no Phantom for sure, but Symas are pretty durable quadcopters.

#2 msinger, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. N017RW

4. kenjancef

I actually got in on this:

Micro Drone 3.0

It looks to be pretty decent, should be shipping next month. I actually got in on it before I bought my P2. Hopefully it'll be something that my son and i can fly in the house.

5. Simonb3526

Looked at the 9 AWESOME Drones for Kids list and though mahhh. These things are ofter written by people who dont know much or never use them. Micro drone looks good - wee what reviews are like when they come out.

6. kenjancef

I was going to get my son the Millenium Falcon quad, but saw that it was $110 at Target. A little too much for that, when I can get him something a bit more "real" for not much more.

Number 8 in that list was a "rolling spider"... that thing is just ugly... lol... My son is 8, and he does better than I expected with my P2, so I'll stick with the Indiegogo one for now.

7. Pete Leare

I agree that the syma X5C is a good starter, and does have a camera. I have one and practice with it all the time my P3P batteries are charging

8. Simonb3526

Coll, cant see the Mini Drone getting to mass market for non indigo supported before then (glitch free) so may for the X5C, cheers pep's :)