Christmas Drones

Reaction score
We all as members have to start spreading the gospel on safe drone flying. Walmart , save-on - foods and even Amazon are selling drones for around $50 targeting the Christmas market. I dread to think what damage This will do to serous pilot’s reputation’s. So if you come across a Christmas flyer offer some flying advice, as I will

We all as members have to start spreading the gospel on safe drone flying. Walmart , save-on - foods and even Amazon are selling drones for around $50 targeting the Christmas market. I dread to think what damage This will do to serous pilot’s reputation’s. So if you come across a Christmas flyer offer some flying advice, as I will
Nothing new. There are a lot of drones under $50. I myself own one before as a practice drone. It was $35 and lasted for almost 4 months.

With a 'Christmas drone' I think more of a drone like the picture below:

HTB1aMlIgvBNTKJjSszbxh5FrFXaq.jpg

But I now understand that you are responding to the toy drones.
I think that many drone pilots have made the first steps with a toy drone.

Reactions: Monty46726F7374
My first drone was a Christmas drone. These small toy drones typically have very little range and are extremely difficult to fly in any kind of light wind. It was fun to fly indoors and small enough to be able to do so but its unlikely anyone getting drones like these will able to fly outside in any way that will contribute to the "negative opinion" that the general public seems to share about them. It's more likely that irresponsible owners of drones like the Phantoms etc, which are fully capable of getting into places they shouldnt be, are the people causing "negative opinions". But your point is well taken, people buying these toy drones often assume that since they are for sale, they can be flown safely and legally anywhere and they don't actually do any responsible research on flying safe and legally. That issue will always exist.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik