Choppy videos!!! Help needed.

Reaction score
Aerocet
Hi everybody.
I am a newcommer and not a techie.
I have a P4 and my video is super when I view it on my Ipad air in Dji Go app.
I put the video on my Imac and when viewed in IPhoto it is very choppy.
It is filmed with the original sd card.
Any help would be appreciated

Download VLC at this link VideoLAN - Official Download of VLC media player for Mac OS X

Then just drag and drop your video onto the icon in the dock,

VLC is available for all platforms including PC, Mac, Android and iOS, Chrome, Linix

Thanks Normr
It is now fine
The problem now is the filming is jerky even when I view it on my Ipad may be you can suggest the best setting for video?
Thanks again for your help.
Regards

Are you recording at ISO 100 with shutter at 2x FPS?

Which IPad do you have? Do you have other apps running at the same time your DJI GO App is running, have. You tried doing a hard reset on your iPad? Also have you turned the video transmission rate down?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Which IPad do you have? Do you have other apps running at the same time your DJI GO App is running, have. You tried doing a hard reset on your iPad? Also have you turned the video transmission rate down?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks normn
I have Ipad air
Have other apps running.
What is a hard reset?
How do I turn video transmission down?
Thanks for your help

How do I turn video transmission down?

Click the HD button on the top bar to the right of the green ready to fly. Scroll to the bottom of that window and you'll find transmission bitrate. Set it to 6mbps (1.5km) or so because that's all the range you'll get in a typical 2.4 cluttered urban area anyway. That doesn't affect actual recording on the card, just the bitrate of the live feed.

There are a few reasons for stuttering video that's why the scattered answers.

The first guy thinks you aren't using auto which is highly unlikely. Use auto metering for the camera settings if you dont know anything about photography.

The 2nd answer thinks your iPad is interfering and that's possible but more likely on Android than iPad. iPads are pretty standardized.

My answer is most likely because by default the phantom records in 4k and even a half decent laptop will stutter on 4k. Temporarily set it to 1080 and record a test. If it doesn't stutter you need a better laptop to play back recorded 4k.

HTH.

Last edited:
Click the HD button on the top bar to the right of the green ready to fly. Scroll to the bottom of that window and you'll find transmission bitrate. Set it to 6mbps (1.5km) or so because that's all the range you'll get in a typical 2.4 cluttered urban area anyway. That doesn't affect actual recording on the card, just the bitrate of the live feed.

There are a few reasons for stuttering video that's why the scattered answers.

The first guy thinks you aren't using auto which is highly unlikely. Use auto metering for the camera settings if you dont know anything about photography.

The 2nd answer thinks your iPad is interfering and that's possible but more likely on Android than iPad. iPads are pretty standardized.

My answer is most likely because by default the phantom records in 4k and even a half decent laptop will stutter on 4k. Temporarily set it to 1080 and record a test. If it doesn't stutter you need a better laptop to play back recorded 4k.

HTH.

He stated that he is not recording in 4K. But you are correct, many computers just simply can't process 4K video playback especially those without an SSD hard drive. Depending on how old the computer is, it may not be able to even play back to 2.7K or 1080p.

For the OP:
Set the video mode on your camera to Manual and set the ISO at 100 and the shutter at 60 (for 30fps). If you feel that you are overexposing with those settings, you will need some ND filters or you can carry the Phantom around in your hand indoors while recording. Start with the lowest recording resolution and record a short clip. Make your movements with the bird very slow and gradual. Avoid jerky movements. Bump up to the next video resolution and repeat. Keep doing this all the way through. Take the SD card and put it in your playback device period try each video clip and see where it starts having problems.

Sorry I'm blind. Thanks.

Nah. If I had a dollar for every time I did that, I'd be chillin' in the Inspire forums.

Hi Kman
On my Imac now it is very smooth in VLC.
Now how do I edit my videos without loosing the hd quality?
Can I then burn a DCD of my edited movie without loosing the quality?
Thanks again

Conversion is a lot if processing power.. you could if you wanted but why. Just record it at a lower bitrate to begin with if that turns out to be the problem. I think it was already established that it wasn't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic