Choosing between P2 vision+ v3.0 and P3 Standard

Reaction score
Hi all

I am going to make myself a Christmas present and recently Ive been watching all kinds of reviews.
- I have no experience with drones, but I do photo/video shooting and Im a pretty quick learner
- I would love to take both photos and videos with a drone
- here, those 2 models cost around the same

Currently in the comparisons Ive read the main differences are:
- P3S shoots in 2.7k but I dont really need video in more than 1080
- P3S has auto-takeoff/land, but I believe I will learn to do it manually,, and I rather prefer to learn doing it, instead of relying on auto
- vision+ v3.0 has wider range-is that even true (140 vs 110 degrees)

I found a vision+ v3 from a seller, but actually brand new as the seller received it as a gift, and had another one. A spare battery too, which is a huge advantage. The P3S is brand new, costs like 100$ more.

Which one would you recommend? They both are with cameras, but can I change the fabric camera ffor a gopro, or is this only availabe if you bought just a drone without a builtin cam?
I cant really find side by side comparison of these exact two models, neither photos or videos, taken at the same places

The P3S is a huge improvement over the P2V+. Definitely go with the P3S.

FYI, DJI currently has the P3S on sale for $399 here.

I own a P2V+ so I'll say what I know about that. The lens is wide which I really don't love. My guess is they were trying to make a more natural transition for those who were accustomed to flying with GoPros, but drones are rarely very close to their subjects so wide angle just makes everything too small. I know you can change the lens on the V+ with no small effort, and I may do that.
The V+ also has the wifi extender as an external box, and that can be a pain. Pretty sure that's all internal on the 3 series.
One item on the up side. The P2V+ had some unique exploits that led to some cool apps. (I.e. FPV Booster). If money's really tight, you can save a couple more bucks buying DJI refurb. P3P also gets extra heavily discounted on occasion.

I think if you can save a few pennies more, get a P3A. There is a much much higher chance of the losing the P3S over the P3A. You will find the P3A will give you a delightful user experience compared the standard. This is due to the Lightbridge system being light years ahead compared to the cumbersome wifi tech.

ok lets say the budget is like this, so the dilemma is between V+ v3.0 (2nd hand but not used) and a new P3S.

I actually like that the lens is wide, plus I can use narrow settings instead of wide, cant I?

So I just found a promotion on a local website, selling the P3S for the same price as this guy is selling the P2v+ v3.0. There is just one battery though, and having a second battery is really a must for me.

Also, what do you mean "chance of losing the P3S" ?

Can someone share a link to a review/video with side by side comparison of photos/videos between the two models? Thanks.

Last edited:
I think it's not a case of comparing the video/picture side by side but more a case of what is available in regards to spares and help.

The P2 has had its day and spares are rare and expensive, P2 batteries used to be cheaper than a P3 battery but not anymore as they are in demand so prices have risen.

Altough I delayed and said i never would get a P3 to replace my beloved and much modded P2V in the end I relented when faced with rising costs of spares, I know own a P3A.

Not sure what someone meant by losing the P3S, flyaways are pilot error most of the time, I know a few people with the P3S who are more than happy with it.

I
Not sure what someone meant by losing the P3S, flyaways are pilot error most of the time, I know a few people with the P3S who are more than happy with it.

I think his bigger point was about Lightbridge. The P3A and P3P are famous for their long range. And even if you think you're never going to fly far, you still get the benefits of a strong signal nearby. I've had my P2V+ go into failsafe/RTH mode when on the far side of my house. The image on my P2V+ is often very low-res making setting up shots hard. The image I've seen through lightbridge is hi-res, crystal clear, and rock solid.

The biggest issue I've hated about the P2V+ is the batteries. If you store them fully charged, they go bad. Really bad. Like they look normal until you fly and then they start to fall out of the sky bad. The newer tech will automatically discharge the batteries if they've been stored too long. That could save $$$ in batteries and bird.

As far as narrowing the image on the P2V+ like you can with the GoPro, I've never seen that option.

FYI - For today only (12/12) you can get the P3P refurbed by DJI at NewEgg for $579.
https://slickdeals.net/f/9519664
That may be way out of your budget, but given that DJI's refurbs look like new and have a year warranty, it's worth knowing about.

Last edited:
For now I think Im going with the P3S, Ive seen some clips on the youtube, both footage and reviews, and it all looks solid. The biggest letdown is that it will be with a single battery, and buying another one is like +100$, if not more..the P2+ offer I was looking at, was with two batteries, which would give around an hour of flying which is super cool. On the other hand thats like the only advantage for taking this offer.

For now I think Im going with the P3S, Ive seen some clips on the youtube, both footage and reviews, and it all looks solid. The biggest letdown is that it will be with a single battery, and buying another one is like +100$, if not more..the P2+ offer I was looking at, was with two batteries, which would give around an hour of flying which is super cool. On the other hand thats like the only advantage for taking this offer.

Trust me. P3A all day!!!. I dont do distance but i hate loss of signal. Signal penetration will save your bird. At 500-700m with the P3S, there is a 100 times the chance of losing your P3S compared to the P3 Adv/Pro. The Lightbridge system and remote alone is worth the upgrade. Wifi is old tech and very cumbersome and gets heaps of interference (every house you fly pass is using the same wifi bandwidth and has a 1/13 chance of flooding your channel). You will get a better user experience with the P3A, and better user experience = more flights.

I would be pissed off losing my bird on the first flight due to signal loss, Or losing the money shot because your FPV blacked out.

Also, there is more parts with the Advance as they are interchangeable with Phantom3 Pro. And you will get annoyed once you find out that you cant screw the lens off on the Std to use ND filters.

I dont have so much free time to spend that amount of money on something I wont be able to use daily..I found the P3S for less than 500E, which is a Christmas offer in a local shop (they also offer some basic training with every purchase), while there are no availabe P3A discounts around here now (and buying online from outside of my country is not an option, since I`ll have to pay 20% tax at the customs, which would be a lot) and costs around twice the P3S with the discount. So yeah, going with the P3S.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20