China Gimbal Variation for FC200 Camera, installation?

Reaction score
I bought this (eBay link below) gimbal since it had the connection cable for the headphone jack style connector on the FC200 camera. Of course there aren't any instructions, and after an afternoon of searching, I'm posting here for help, all I can find are instructions for the Chinese gimbals that require soldering for their power connectors, this one has a cable with a headphone jack female socket that appears to get power from the camera connection and power the gimbal board that way?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131482040915?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Does anyone know where to get the manual or installation instructions for this version?

Hello,
Check out my post ( in phantom 2 vision mods ) my complete mods list, as I go into detail about that gimbal! To long to re type! Just look for that post under ( J Dot )

Hope it helps!
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks guys, I'll check that out. By the way J Dot, I'm following your lead on mods. Last week I soldered in the 4mm GPS antenna and added the booster shield you recommended. This week it's the gimbal :)

Reactions: J Dot
J Dot, the write-up on your page is awesome, but this gimbal is sort of in-between designs of the two you highlighted. It has the female socket for the Vision camera connection, but does not have the multi colored ribbon cable, instead it has two 3 wire servo extension leads and a group of headers on the gimbal board itself, no small separate connector board.

I bet one of those needs a signal from the Naza unit, but there isn't any guidance on 1 signal wire or 3 (which would include the + and - leads, probably not needed) or plug orientation and signal connection?

Can you post pictures of the parts?
I know a lot of people here, who can help as well, as many of us use aftermarket gimbals, and all pretty much hook up the same way.

My only warning, is make sure you watch how you hook stuff up, as many have burned gimbals hooking ( pos-neg ) on servo lead backwards ) control lead does not matter, but pos-neg do )

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Can you post pictures of the parts?
I know a lot of people here, who can help as well, as many of us use aftermarket gimbals, and all pretty much hook up the same way.

My only warning, is make sure you watch how you hook stuff up, as many have burned gimbals hooking ( pos-neg ) on servo lead backwards ) control lead does not matter, but pos-neg do )

J Dot

The eBay auction link has a picture of the control board with one servo extension hooked up, I will take some and upload them too.

If you don't know how to install it as I didn't you will regret doing it as I found out burnt center board ended up replacing board just leave it alone beside heavy as hell will decrease battery life mine is fine now reinstalled gc camera with oe servo lesson learned eBay gimbal is junk !!!!!!

I talked to the seller,
He did not answer all my questions!
But from what I got ( from him ) without seeing ACTUAL PICTURES OF ALL PARTS INCLUDED, this model, steals power from camera cable, but control board has a 3s connector for external battery, you have 3 options
1) external battery
2) cut and solder leads to phantom MC
3) change end to match JST end on camera jumper wire ( take off white plug, replace with matching RED plug on camera jumper )
Next
This one requires you to OPEN your phantom, and plug servo wire directly to F2 port on naza flight controller ( warning on this, I'd remove the positive, negative wires from servo plug, you only need pitch wire ) if you cross these wires you'll get burn out like marks toys above! If you can provide pics of each part, I can use them to put together an install video for you, but without the pics, I cannot help much! Sorry!

J Dot

I'm not sure I understand your Tx question? If you are asking if it works with the gimbal ( Yes ) only issue is with that Tx, your gimbal will point straight down at startup, just turn bird ON, and give some UP input on dial wheel, after a few times, you'll get to where you can get it level! I still mess up, or forget now and again!

Also wanted to add, that gimbal hangs LOWER than your phantom, so you will most likely need to add EXTENDED LANDING GEAR, or spacers, to raise phantom, or camera will hit the ground! Seller just wrote me that info! So happy day! Man they don't make it easy do they? Hit me up, if you need help, I'm glad to, any way I can

If you review my post on ( non plug n play China gimbal ) the pitch wire part, as this gimbal hooks the same to naza, plus follow my guidance on altering servo wire, to EXCLUDE positive, and negative leads, as you don't need them, if using external power. You only need pitch! This will also insure you against burnout! Might help some with the install.

J Dot

Thanks again J Dot for the info on setup of the gimbal good to know [emoji108]can you help me with the setup of the tx? I cannot get the dial wheel to work,I set it up and it works great come out of the setup power down,power back up and it don't work [emoji53]I go back in to the assistant and it's gone back to tx basic version[emoji47]

Have you updated it?
Sounds like a firmware conflict?
Let me boot my assistant up, and see?

Did you calibrate in RC ASSISTANT, then again in PC ASSISTANT?
I see you did choose upgraded controller, let me know about those things, and I'll fool around with mine, and see if you missed anything?

J Dot

Have you updated it?
Sounds like a firmware conflict?
Let me boot my assistant up, and see?

Did you calibrate in RC ASSISTANT, then again in PC ASSISTANT?
I see you did choose upgraded controller, let me know about those things, and I'll fool around with mine, and see if you missed anything?

J Dot

Hi,calibrated in RC and PC assistant and firmware 1.0.2.31 yes and choose upgraded controller,it's got me J Dot[emoji53]

Ok,
Sounds right, but Give me a bit, as in trying to get the kids showered and ready for bed, but after that, I'll hook mine up, and review my settings, maybe we are forgetting something?
Or something is set wrong? But sounds like all bases are covered? But I'll look, maybe we can get you fixed up! Now I'm interested in WHY? Lol.

J Dot
Be back as soon as I can, thanks!

Ok
I got a minute.

Ok should have went like this:

RC ASSISTANT
1) calibrate both sticks, AND X1 ( dial wheel )
Power cycle, turn back on and see if setting took? If so move on to next step:

PC ASSISTANT:
1) under ( BASIC ) then under ( RC )
Calibrate both sticks, click finish, then calibrate X1, click finish. Make sure you click upgrade version, then go to

2) under ( ADVANCED ) then under ( GIMBAL )
Gimbal switch ( ON ) output frequency ( 200hz )
Max=900 ( mine is anyway )
Center=0
Min= -90
Finally GAIN ( 20.00 )
Try that, power cycle, then turn on again while still hooked to assistant to see if setting took.

Final thoughts
Which version of RC ASSISTANT, and PC ASSISTANT are you using?
I was using 3.0, and had same problem, had to use 3.8 for it to work? Don't know why? But definitely keep your assistant up to date, you'll have to go to DJI.com to find newest version, most likely!

J Dot
Let me know?

I followed to the letter,I power up and it jumps back to basic [emoji30][emoji106]bed time for me I will give it another go tomorrow, I think your not in the UK,thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj