image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 716
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 745
Jeez !!! Now we've got gimbals coming outta the woodwork !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Looks like the top of the camera has been cut. So it will not be able to go back to stock.

Also looks like there is no external gimbal controller board.

Tamazight said:
MikeySoft said:
Looks like the top of the camera has been cut. So it will not be able to go back to stock.

Also looks like there is no external gimbal controller board.

With this Gimbal Nobody Gomes back...
Looks like this is your youtube video. Could you give us more info?

Pull_Up said:
Yes, this one isn't going to be an option if you want to be able to take this with you to another aircraft/camera combo and leave your Vision with some resale value!

I can't quite see why they haven't been able to engineer a top fixing that doesn't involve hacksaws...

I guess Tamazight is right, Pull_Up, no one will want to go back to stock, why would anyone want that, after the change to a proper gimbal is made?

cavaleiro01 said:
Pull_Up said:
Yes, this one isn't going to be an option if you want to be able to take this with you to another aircraft/camera combo and leave your Vision with some resale value!

I can't quite see why they haven't been able to engineer a top fixing that doesn't involve hacksaws...

I guess Tamazight is right, Pull_Up, no one will want to go back to stock, why would anyone want that, after the change to a proper gimbal is made?

First of all, I like the creativity in this option. My comments below are in no way meant to discourage, only to share an opinion and "food for thought".

In addition to Pull_Up's reason (to return the Vision to stock, perhaps to resell or gift.)

1) Weight / flight time. Converting to a 2D gimbal reduces flight time by approx 4 minutes (essentially 20%). This 4 minutes might not matter most of the time, but if flying for distance, or over water or fighting windy conditions or perhaps even filming a 20 minute fireworks display (and not wanting to miss the finale) or the first half of a youth flag football game (25 minutes) or perhaps you would rather use the carrying capacity for something else (beer, amplifier,) ..., this 4 minutes / weight might be critical. Being able to swap back and forth to use the gimbal when you want to but not use it if you kit out for something different is valuable.

2) Purpose. I think of my vision much like a pocket camera. The primary purpose is stills with the added (secondary) purpose as being able to capture reference video. For the sake of stills alone, the 2D gimbal has much less value.

One other concern with this particular mod is needing to be fairly precise with the cuts (for the camera to be level). Not impossible by any stretch, but also not something I'd bet most people could do.

Considering what you just added, themosttoys, now I have to agree both with you and with Pull_Up. :oops: :cool:

And what is that wire hinging down when the Phantom is lifted up in the video? Power, and/or control? If so, that is just a proof of concept video.

MikeySoft said:
And what is that wire hinging down when the Phantom is lifted up in the video? Power, and/or control? If so, that is just a proof of concept video.
that is the wire that keeps it from flying away. :)

AllanVB said:
MikeySoft said:
that is the wire that keeps it from flying away. :)
:lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie