Chicago Drone Company Fine 1.2 million For fly no fly zone

Reaction score
WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND :( IS WHAT PART OF NO- OR DONT DO IT THAT PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
I know were persecuted for this hobby- cant fly here- cant fly there. but yet the internet loves our pics - video's. but this past week we hobbyist took a big hit again for flying were not suppose to. I just read here someone took there unit some 3000 ft up. AGAIN WHAT PART OF NO DONT YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. Its frustrating to us who follow the rules to read about a bunch of yahoo's breaking them and bragging.
This past week Chicago company Fined 1.2 Mil for multiple not following the rules. (see below) . Let me quote a movie "YOU CANT FIX STUPID" .Its simple folks keep up the bad stuff and take your 1-10K you invested and put it on the shelf forever because it will become illegal.
CHECK YOUR LAWS AND FOLLOW THEM - THAT SIMPLE !
DONT RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US !

FAA proposes $1.9M fine after company flew drones over New York, Chicago.

:mad: THE FIRST TIME A DRONE HITS A PLANE - HOBBY OVER FOREVER ! I OWN 2 PHANTOM PROS AND WITH ALL GOODIES HAVE WELL OVER 3 GRAND IN IT. I DONT WANT SOME YAHOO GOUNDING MY DRONES.
Stop-Sign.jpg

Reactions: timz5011
DONT RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US !
What makes you think the irresponsible actions of the minority is going to ruin it for the majority? Do you ever expect there will be a time when every single person will follow the rules?

What makes you think the irresponsible actions of the minority is going to ruin it for the majority? Do you ever expect there will be a time when every single person will follow the rules?
There is always hoping ! And again the minute a plane crashes from a drone - were all toast ! I'm in Vegas and have to be real careful where I fly.

the minute a plane crashes from a drone - were all toast
That pilot might be toast. I'm not sure everyone will be toast though. Pick any topic -- drones or otherwise -- not everyone is going to follow the rules. That's why consequences exist. Those who choose not to follow the rules will have to deal with the FAA.

The best thing we can do is give the media interesting positive stories to diseminate.
One of our tv stations featured a story on racing drones I am been constantly reminded of it by everyone I know.
We also had a missing person and it was reported they used a helicopter and a drone supplied & operated by the local fire brigade . Unfortunately the helicopter found the person.
So if your using your drone in an interesting way maybe you should let your local media know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues