Cheerson CX-10 bites the dust

Reaction score
Dam, i was just flying my new CX-10, it landed as the battery was flat, then the Missus walked in and didnt see it, 2 legs bent and the case is cracked :x :cry: its now a choice of by another or re shell the old one, its only 4 days old.

Moral of the story, dont leave your nano quad on the floor.

I had a Hubsan X4 for a few days. Got cocky with it outside and dropped it from about 50 feet onto the road and broke a leg off it. :roll:
I had a shell so I opened it up. When I saw how many wires there were and how small they were...... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I glued the leg back on and it flew fine. Right up to the point where I dumped it in my canal. *******! :x

Bought another and I'm being much more careful with it. :)

I'd probably just buy another one since they're not too expensive. Also I heard they have the cheerson cx-10 v2 (or cx-10a with headless mode) out now for about the same price as the original. Not sure if they actually fly better, but I like the new colors they come in.

I have a Syma X12. It's still flying like the day I unboxed it -- despite my 30 or so crashes :D

Last edited:
kitari said:
I'd probably just buy another one since they're not too expensive. Also I heard they have the cheerson cx-10 v2 (or cx-10a with headless mode) out now for about the same price as the original. Not sure if they actually fly better, but I like the new colors they come in.

Just looked at the 10a, what the hell is headless mode, is that like our IOC course lock ?

Marlin009 said:
I had a Hubsan X4 for a few days. Got cocky with it outside and dropped it from about 50 feet onto the road and broke a leg off it. :roll:
I had a shell so I opened it up. When I saw how many wires there were and how small they were...... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I glued the leg back on and it flew fine. Right up to the point where I dumped it in my canal. *******! :x

ha ha ive got the clone version of the X4 and the only original thing left is the motherboard, ive swapped cases 3 times and gone through countless props, they are a **** to change as you have to unsolder the motor wires and then resolder them and then route the cables through the legs, about 40 minutes of work, and a strain on the eyes.

crash1sttime said:
kitari said:

Just looked at the 10a, what the hell is headless mode, is that like our IOC course lock ?

Marlin009 said:

ha ha ive got the clone version of the X4 and the only original thing left is the motherboard, ive swapped cases 3 times and gone through countless props, they are a **** to change as you have to unsolder the motor wires and then resolder them and then route the cables through the legs, about 40 minutes of work, and a strain on the eyes.

40 minutes?? Yer good. :) Eye strain is right. I have a work light with a magnifying glass and even with that it's a PITA. I ended up having to replace a motor on my new one after a crash on the hardwood floor. I think that one took me 40 minutes (and two beers). If I were going to replace the shell I'd need a smaller soldering iron.

I wasnt entirely honest, the first time it took me over an hour, but the second and third time i knew what i was doing,

as for the cheerson quad, ive just stripped it down and found one of the legs on the motherboard has snapped, so non repairable, oh well another '£15 out of the window.

Anyone in the UK need a Cheerson remote and some spare motors ?

msinger said:
I have a Syma X12. It's still flying like the day I unboxed it -- despite my 30 or so crashes :D
Got you beat. Must have crashed mine 60-70 times. Still working fine.

Happyflyer said:
msinger said:
Got you beat. Must have crashed mine 60-70 times. Still working fine.
Haha :D They are nearly indestructible. Best $20 I've ever spent!

My CX-10 seems like it is bullet proof. I have flown that thing into nearly everything imaginable at full speed. I've flown it out of range outdoors and had it fall 30' straight down onto asphalt. The thing just keeps going. It is a blast to fly. About the most fun that you can buy for a $20 bill.

Marlin009 said:

I have one too. Buy a crash kit. I bought mine (both) on Amazon. The crash kit includes: new shell, 4 motors, all LEDs, tons of rotors and more, just about everything but the board. Very inexpensive.

So I finally got my bag-o-props in yesterday, put a new set on, and what's the first thing I do? Fall into a bowl of water!!! I let it dry out for a while, and try it again and to my surprise, it still works. I just knew it was a gonner but it's still hanging in there. :D

They are a blast! Outside? Maybe in double zero wind. Ceiling fan in living room makes it go ziggy. Not sure what 1/2 mile per hour wind would do outdoors. When winter ends I am going to try outside. Have to put a tracker on it........ :lol:
Wish I could fly in super manual mode better....

Attachments

• Tracker on Mini.JPG
    Tracker on Mini.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,319
crash1sttime said:
Dam, i was just flying my new CX-10, it landed as the battery was flat, then the Missus walked in and didnt see it, 2 legs bent...

Hope the Missus feels better and her legs straighten out soon.

Clipper707 said:
crash1sttime said:
Dam, i was just flying my new CX-10, it landed as the battery was flat, then the Missus walked in and didnt see it, 2 legs bent...

Hope the Missus feels better and her legs straighten out soon.
I wonder if she bent them in the fall or he bent them by hitting her with the controller? :D

PhantomFanatic said:
Marlin009 said:

I have one too. Buy a crash kit. I bought mine (both) on Amazon. The crash kit includes: new shell, 4 motors, all LEDs, tons of rotors and more, just about everything but the board. Very inexpensive.

Yeah, I have one. **** small wires in there! I'm sure I'll have to do it at some point.

If you want to see the inside of a cheerson cx-10 -
- or how to fix a broken motor -
- watch these videos. I also did a really cool Samsung phone drop test from a dji phantom -

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4