Check this before you fly...

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And PETA is not all over this?

I understand Eagles are strong birds but really. There will be an idiot that will decide to design razor sharp props that will hurt an eagle.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Just jam the RC signal let the aircraft RTH or hover, retrieve it and be done. Why risk an animals limbs!!???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just jam the RC signal let the aircraft RTH or hover, retrieve it and be done. Why risk an animals limbs!!???

I think that is a smarter idea. Send a single to the bird that will force RTH and allow the pilot to control it when its above them. Also, display something on screen that you have been sent home for flying in a NFZ.

If you jam it and force it to crash God knows what other damages you will cause. Would you be held liable for those damages?

It sure looks like they shut the drone down when the bird strikes. I would wonder about the UAV behavior 'in the wild' with the operator trying to get the drone under control. Doesn't seem terribly practical anyway. Are they going to have officers with Eagles on their shoulders scattered about the countryside?

Would put any old pirate with a parrot to shame.

I find it interesting that it was a low powered uav the eagle plucked from the air. I could easily stop my sigma rotors with my hand and not worry about getting hurt but I definitely won't do that to a P3.

Don't ask how I know this but I won't be putting my hands in the way of any p3 blades. I thought I had grabbed a mix master.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers