Check out metal spring fatigue

Reaction score
Sometimes I check and bet what I have found today.. I gently bend upwards to align where needed and that's it.

Not to mention always remove blades after flight session.

Edit: not to be done often and only if severe difference otherwise you'll add more metal fatigue.

d40cbb758fe0571d8f646314a94a4988.jpg

b1d8d684817a6c2058bb136df2d7eea1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Probably not a critical difference. I wouldnt be bending them up all the time. May do more harm than good.

Yep, would add more fatigue so only if noticeable difference and really needed. Good to check anyway including inside the blade. What I don't get is why some lower but other not. Now all on same spot and will monitor time to time.

Yep, would add more fatigue so only if noticeable difference and really needed. Good to check anyway including inside the blade. What I don't get is why some lower but other not. Now all on same spot and will monitor time to time.

There will be an acceptable tollerance, the fact there is more than one is reassuring.

I have read some stuff and it seems that metal characteristics is important as to ideally support all the way down compression within elastic region for installating the blades, otherwise it will modify its plastic and not behave as originally intended. Plus number of cycles and orher parameters. Also manufacturer might change something in batch metal we don't know and not all equally looking at the same..

Reactions: Erised

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers