Check out metal spring fatigue

Reaction score
Sometimes I check and bet what I have found today.. I gently bend upwards to align where needed and that's it.

Not to mention always remove blades after flight session.

Edit: not to be done often and only if severe difference otherwise you'll add more metal fatigue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably not a critical difference. I wouldnt be bending them up all the time. May do more harm than good.

Reaction score
Probably not a critical difference. I wouldnt be bending them up all the time. May do more harm than good.
Yep, would add more fatigue so only if noticeable difference and really needed. Good to check anyway including inside the blade. What I don't get is why some lower but other not. Now all on same spot and will monitor time to time.

Reaction score
Yep, would add more fatigue so only if noticeable difference and really needed. Good to check anyway including inside the blade. What I don't get is why some lower but other not. Now all on same spot and will monitor time to time.

There will be an acceptable tollerance, the fact there is more than one is reassuring.

Reaction score
Springs fatigue through cycling. Keeping them compressed won't damage them. Taking props on and off causes more metal fatigue than leaving them on all the time,

Reactions: Erised and KillShot
Reaction score
I have read some stuff and it seems that metal characteristics is important as to ideally support all the way down compression within elastic region for installating the blades, otherwise it will modify its plastic and not behave as originally intended. Plus number of cycles and orher parameters. Also manufacturer might change something in batch metal we don't know and not all equally looking at the same..

Reactions: Erised

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTruzzi