Check my new set up, am I missing anything

Reaction score
What you think?? have I covered everything?..use to be big into the FPV thing 3 years ago and looking to get back into it so this is the kit I'm going to order from banggood
I know i should get a second battery but might get that later in the year

DJI Phantom 2 New With Zenmuse H3-3D Gopro Gimbal Combo
Boscam FPV 5.8G 400mW AV Transmitter Module TS353
Boscam RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor
5.8G 4 Leaves Omnidirectional Gain Antenna For Receiver (SKU072088) Mode : L Type RP-SMA Male
Self-locking Propellers White For DJI Phantom Version 1 Version 2
New DJI Phantom 2 Vision Propeller Prop Guard Protector Bumper (SKU108514)

any help/advice gratefully received

PP

A spare set of props comes with the P2

You might want to consider a IOSD mini, it lets you see lots of vital telemetry and battery level and how to orientate the craft to face you when its to far to see which way it is facing. And of course the number of satellites as well as the other distance, height, speed, descent/climb speed etc.

You didn't mention antenna for the transmitter or is that bundled with the TX. Or the second antenna for the diversity monitor

Yes brilliant thanks IS, I will need a IOSD mini... down south in Cork city.
just one question "You didn't mention antenna for the transmitter or is that bundled with the TX. Or the second antenna for the diversity monitor"
would i need to upgrade the receiver aerial and the transmitter aerial? can i use the clover 5.8G ?

Im not sure what comes with the boscom and TX, rubber duck antennas maybe. If you want to get any sort of FPV range you will need to use something better than the stock antennas, that goes for the TX as well as the 2 on the RX (as its a diversity receiver). I use a matched set of 3 from Horizon in Wales. http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce ... ack-pearl/
Mine is the Black Pearl monitor. You could email Will there and ask him what he would reccomend. He is very responsive.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

BTW I'm in Bangor

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

ok updated, this is what I have so far ( I have a go pro black already)

New DJI Phantom 2 Vision Propeller Prop Guard Protector Bumper
5.8G 4 Leaves Omnidirectional Gain Antenna For Receiver
Boscam RX-LCD5802 Monitor Charging Adaptor
FPV Monitor Holder Display Support Folding Carbon Fiber
DJI iOSD mini Module Naza-M Compatible
Adhesive Velcro for Pasting Receiver Battery and Esc

paddypaws said:
ok updated, this is what I have so far ( I have a go pro black already)

New DJI Phantom 2 Vision Propeller Prop Guard Protector Bumper
5.8G 4 Leaves Omnidirectional Gain Antenna For Receiver
Boscam RX-LCD5802 Monitor Charging Adaptor
FPV Monitor Holder Display Support Folding Carbon Fiber
Adhesive Velcro for Pasting Receiver Battery and Esc

fwiw mate, I think I got those same antennas from Banggood.com and I'm having bad interference issues. I would consider splurging on good antennas from a domestic place like fpvlr.com but there's tons of options. I'm disappointed in the quality of the antennas I got from Banggood but then again for $6 I should have expected they would be cheaply constructed.

also, you mentioned adhesive velcro for a receiver battery - your FPV RECEIVER the Boscam LCD5802 has it's own internal battery, you don't need any kind of external battery for it however you might have to buy a radioshack universal AC 12v adapter with the right tip. The power cable that comes with it doesn't have a standard wall outlet kind of plug... take a look at the image below that's what it comes with (the bottom cable). I personally just used a 12v AC adapter from an old device and spliced the cables together if you're into that kind of thing.

You won't need an external battery for the video transmitter if you follow this youtube guide to install everything internally and tap into the Phantom's own power. Speaking of the transmitter you will need something to hold the video transmitter to the bottom of your phantom.. some people use 3m dual-lock I just used heavy duty outdoor double sided tape you can pick stuff like that up at a local hardware store that you'll probably be visiting for soldering materials anyway :)

regarding prop guards: I'd read this thread and condsider whether you really need them or not.

attachment.php

Thanks guys so much for your help, think i'm getting there.
At the moment my order is a wish list, I want to get everything I need in
one order so while it's been shipped to me I can learn how to use the
equipment and set it up ( I have built 2 planes before so not a total novice)
but I¹m a bit confused to what I need to do to get the IOSD working, am I short cables to make it work with the
Boscam 5.8 transmitter module or will I need a different transmitter to
make this work? if there Also will I need adaptors for the gain Antennas or will they screw intothe receiver?
same question about the transmitter unit will the arial just screw in?
Also can you recommend a better set of antennas that i can get with banggood (looking at the Petals Clover Mushrooms Antenna Set), as it would just be handy to have it all in one order but if they have good quality aerials i'll heed the advice and buy local

This is what I have so far going on advice and my own due diligence ( I have a go pro black already)

DJI Phantom 2 New With Zenmuse H3-3D Gopro Gimbal Combo SKU129721

New DJI Phantom 2 Vision Propeller Prop Guard Protector Bumper SKU108514

Boscam RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor SKU105593

5.8G 4 Leaves Omnidirectional Gain Antenna For Receiver SKU072088

Boscam RX-LCD5802 Monitor Charging Adaptor SKU121449

FPV Monitor Holder Display Support Folding Carbon Fiber SKU092064

Boscam FPV 5.8G 400mW AV Transmitter Module TS353 SKU072117

5.8G 3 Leaves Omnidirectional Gain Antenna For Transmitter SKU072086

DJI iOSD mini Module Naza-M Compatible SKU098346

Av Cable And Power Supply Cable For Gopro Hero Camera FPV system SKU128117

10PCS UItraFire 18650 Rechargeable 4000mAh 3.7V Battery SKU020440 (I have
a charger)

Also if you think I might have gone wrong or am missing something to
make this a great experience for me please point it out, I really
want to have everything I need shipped in one go
Like for instance which screw driver would I need to open the Phantom?
Thanks again and once i get up and going i'm looking forward to sharing the experience with other novices

Not sure what you are using the
18650's for but forget ultrafire, get genuine Panasonic 18650's. Ultrafire are absolute rubbish. The highest mah 18650 available is Panasonic 3400 mah. Protected or unprotected depending how much you know about li-ion batteries, more caution reqd with unprotected 18650's.

MrC said:
Not sure what you are using the
18650's for but forget ultrafire, get genuine Panasonic 18650's. Ultrafire are absolute rubbish. The highest mah 18650 available is Panasonic 3400 mah. Protected or unprotected depending how much you know about li-ion batteries, more caution reqd with unprotected 18650's.
I work in a radio station as an engineer and was going to buy them for our portable recorders, was.
Got some hobbyking batteries last year and there doing alright but they have started to not hold their charge. they would be out everyday doing voxpops interviews so i'm happy the life i got out of them.
will just buy the Panasonic's in town

Ok the DJI Phantom 2 Vision GPS RC Quadcopter With 5.8G Radio FPV Camera has had a price drop on banggood, now down to 794 euro and all those bits and bobs that are listed above in the thread are 948 euro.
So if I buy the Phantom vision I save 154 but i don't have a system that will give me FPV over 1 Km and of course the gopro would be better than the cam supplied as would be the Gimbal 3D
have to think about this one as I don't need a pro setup ..... getting married in Aug so i can think of a few better ways to spend 1,000 but not as much fun.
Any thought?

Well this is what I have bought, for quality of FPV and what I want to achieve i went with this setup
:FPV Monitor Holder Display Support Folding Carbon Fiber
Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor
Av Cable And Power Supply Cable For Gopro Hero Camera FPV system and finally a 4 In 1 Hex Driver Set 450 Helicopter Tool

Really good antenna's are so important

http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... ch=fpv-31B

will go back for a half sphere 2.4 to increase radio rc range later in the year

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20