Cheapest place to purchase

Reaction score
Hello

I have just joined this site and have been trying to get my hands on a DJI since November but due to them being very expensive I have postponed the purchase of one.

I am looking to get the phantom 4 but I am seeing them for £1000 which is way over my price range.

I am looking to sell my current and only drone the Parrot Bebop 2 for around £300 and a sports apple watch for £120.

Is it possible to purchase a phantom 4 for around £500 yet ?

I have already entered most giveaways for the phantom 4 such as Casey Neistats giveaway and other website which are offering them.

Regards :D

I am in need of this drone for my film class at my college.

no way

Is it possible to purchase a phantom 4 for around £500 yet ?
I don't think we're going to see that price until after the Phantom 5 comes out.

For a P4? No legit sellers are selling that low.

For a P4? No legit sellers are selling that low.
Used - Like New
ProTech Gadgets is an Authorized Dealer. Brand new, never opened, factory sealed with FULL Warranty. US Model, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, 50% Discount, Fast&Free Shipping

Keep your money in your pocket. It'll be safer there ;)

Cheapest isn't always best!!!
I bought my P2 from Maplin. I was tempted by cheaper online deals but my mate said I would be far better off buying from a reputable high street dealer. How right he was. Maplin swopped out 2 of the P2s for me no questions asked. When my 3rd P2 was playing up they refunded me in full to purchase a P3 which was only £100 more. The P3 is awesome no probs at all.
I will probably get a P4 at some stage and you can guess where I will buy it from.

Reactions: Sam Pope
Ok I will take your advice seems like a great deal but I want to be safe.
Go buy yourself the Phantom 3 Advanced. You'll be happy at around $800 US. It's better a much better value, it records fine in 1080 and 2.7K. That's more in line with your budget and it's a great bird. There have been some vendors selling the P3Pro for $850, and in that case if you can find one of those, buy it. That's a bargain. I still trust my P3Pro more than my P4 for a stronger and more reliable video feed. P4 does not have as strong video connection, I think anyone who has owned both will confirm that.

I rarely use TapFly, Active Track, Obstacle Avoidance in P4, and going 40+mph sucks the battery dry fast, so I try not to do those speeds. The P3A is a sweet spot for value and performance without all the unnecessary fluff that P4 promotes. You only get about 3min more flight from the bigger and heavier battery of a P4 over the P3, which isn't a lot. It's certainly not worth the extra $600 for the craft, and batteries for P4 cost about $40 more than P3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Pope
Go buy yourself the Phantom 3 Advanced. You'll be happy at around $800 US. It's better to learn on that, records fine in 1080 and 2.7K. That's more in line with your budget and it's a great bird. There have been some vendors selling the P3Pro for $850, and in that case if you can find one of those, buy it. That's a bargain. I still trust my P3Pro more than my P4 for a stronger and more reliable video feed. P4 is not a good a connection, I think anyone who has owned both will confirm that.

I rarely need to use TapFly, Active Track, Obstacle Avoidance, and going 40mph sucks the battery dry fast. So what I'm implying is the P3A is a sweet spot for value and performance without all the unnecessary fluff that P4 promotes. You only get about 3min more flight from a P4 over the P3, which isn't a lot, certainly not worth the extra $600. Batteries for P4 cost about $40 more too.
Interesting.
Will have a look into the P3A.
Thanks

Go buy yourself the Phantom 3 Advanced. You'll be happy at around $800 US. It's better a much better value, it records fine in 1080 and 2.7K. That's more in line with your budget and it's a great bird. There have been some vendors selling the P3Pro for $850, and in that case if you can find one of those, buy it. That's a bargain. I still trust my P3Pro more than my P4 for a stronger and more reliable video feed. P4 does not have as strong video connection, I think anyone who has owned both will confirm that.

I rarely use TapFly, Active Track, Obstacle Avoidance in P4, and going 40+mph sucks the battery dry fast, so I try not to do those speeds. The P3A is a sweet spot for value and performance without all the unnecessary fluff that P4 promotes. You only get about 3min more flight from the bigger and heavier battery of a P4 over the P3, which isn't a lot. It's certainly not worth the extra $600 for the craft, and batteries for P4 cost about $40 more than P3.
My tests show virtually zero difference is battery getting eaten up by going fast or slow. In fact, there has been some testing that has lead me to believe that hovering might be more battery consumptive than flying.

Has the shell cracking been solved yet in the P3?
Which is more stable in flight?
Is the camera actually any better in the P4?

I agree that the P3 is a good value if budget is a concern.

You are killing me John. I'm about to send my P3P in for maintenance after over 1,000,000 feet of travel I found a crack and think one of the motors has a bad bearing. I was just about to drop the cash on a P4. Thanks ... Lol.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has the shell cracking been solved yet in the P3?
Which is more stable in flight?
Is the camera actually any better in the P4?

I agree that the P3 is a good value if budget is a concern.
No mine is cracked near the engine mount. I have about 189 miles on it though. I am sending it in.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

$1399 everywhere. You can order from an online store that's tax free and save on tax, that's pretty much the most you can save.

You can also buy gift cards at discount for some of the online stores, use a cashback credit card, and also utilize cashback websites etc to maximize your return...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic