Cheaper crystalsky mounts?

Reaction score
The crystalsky is already pretty pricey, are there any other mounting options out there? Something cheaper than DJI's $80 part?

I just received my CS 5.5 today, I used my hoodman to connect it to the P4
controller. Holds it well, I will use it until my $80 bracket shows up.
Its a great sharp and clear monitor, no more cell phone.
I have added a few quick photos on how I used the hoodman.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 501
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 495
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 485
Reactions: The Ghost
Why don't you just take off the battery and use the mount and the USB-c connection under the CS display?

Why don't you just take off the battery and use the mount and the USB-c connection under the CS display?[/QUOTE
Why don't you just take off the battery and use the mount and the USB-c connection under the CS display?
Thanks, I wasnt aware that it would work without, how long would it last powered from
the remote?
Anybody using without the battery?

Looking at your photos, I would suggest also putting a piece of plastic or wood that would allow the controller's tablet holder to clamp against the battery and the piece of wood or plastic wedged in between.
captain kush

I know this is not the best answer but I have the official DJI mount now and it's really solid and well made. It's not cheap but I think it's a worthy purchase. The docking mechanism is very sturdy and it feels part of the RC very nicely.

Reactions: bad karma
Looking at your photos, I would suggest also putting a piece of plastic or wood that would allow the controller's tablet holder to clamp against the battery and the piece of wood or plastic wedged in between.
captain kush
Thanks, a piece of wood or plastic would work.
My bracket will be here soon, its solid.

I know this is not the best answer but I have the official DJI mount now and it's really solid and well made. It's not cheap but I think it's a worthy purchase. The docking mechanism is very sturdy and it feels part of the RC very nicely.
I received my dji mount today, very solid.
I will have to cut some foam off of the phantom case in order to fit the new bracket.

The price of the mounts are a bit pricey especially if you have 3 or 4 DJI remotes you want to use it with
I bought a 3d printed mount online that simply slips over the battery and allows you to use the standard mounts on your remotes. It's kinda cheesy looking but for $22.00 it's not too bad. DirtyJ was the vendor/manufacturer.
I've also got the DJI mount on my P4A and it's very solid, fits in the foam case without modification and works perfectly. The Crystalsky does too. I can't imagine flying without it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik