Cheaper alternative to the DJI Osmo ?

Reaction score
I have been looking at the DJI Osmo for a while now and although I don't "need" one, I would "like" one but the price is a little high for something I don't need so I was wondering if there was a similar quality device that was cheaper but still did a decent enough job ?
I wouldn't want to sacrifice quality or usage for cheaper, I simply wouldn't buy if that was the case but as I have found with my GoPro units, the cheaper alternatives are almost as good in reality.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

The osmo is the cheaper alternative to an actual steady cam rig.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I went the total cheapy route. And you know, it works pretty darn good!

It's made super cheap, and it took a few days to get from China, but it works. These are the stock photos from the Ebay store I bought it from. These are all over but you should be able to get one with the phone holder for under $30 shipped.

It's big, you look goofy using it, but it works. I have it on my P2 with Go Pro and Zenmuse. I have used it to shoot for sale ads and ground shots quite a bit. It makes everything look more professional. It's obviously not as small as an Osmo, but IT'S UNDER $30!!!!

Good luck

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: nparker13
The image is not in the phone. Its is on the micro SD card inside the drone camera. Take the card out and put it in a USB reader attached to your computer, and copy it.

The images on the phone are very lo res proxy images. You don't want them, as they throw away 3/4 of the pixels of the original image, if you have shot 4K or 4:3 stills at highest resolution

On the motorized gimbals for the iPhone. I can't tell if that is truly a 3 axis gimbal with brushless motors equivalent to the DJI gimbal. If so, that looks like a good solution. Good gimbals are comparatively new and rely on some pretty sophisticated motion sensor electronics to manage the gimbals.

How do you get the camera image in the phone without the remote control?

The image is not in the phone. Its is on the micro SD card inside the drone camera. Take the card out and put it in a USB reader attached to your computer, and copy it.

The images on the phone are very lo res proxy images. You don't want them, as they throw away 3/4 of the pixels of the original image, if you have shot 4K or 4:3 stills at highest resolution

I think what he means is how do you know what your framing is like if you can't see a screen image.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've got a Zhiyun smoothie C. It cost me £130 GBP and I'm pretty happy with it. I can't compare to anything else so my opinion is pretty biased but for the cost it's a decent bit of kit. I use it with my S7 Edge but they make them for Gopros. I've taken some pretty cool footage with it. It can pan left and right and up and down and is great for taking low down shots where you wouldn't normally be able see what you are shooting, for example at kerb height and comes out nice and smooth at walking pace, not quite as smooth when running but still gives you some impressive footage. I've got a selfie stick which screws onto it which gives you the opportunity to be quite artistic if you're up to it. Here's the link.

Overview - Smooth-C - 智云科技

I think what he means is how do you know what your framing is like if you can't see a screen image.

On my phantom, I am using a Zenmuse Gimbal and GoPro. So I just use the GoPro App on my phone over WiFi and I have full control of what is going on as well as a viewfinder. It's one of those things you would never use if you were flying the Phantom as the WiFi would cause crazy things to happen. And as said above, nothing is recorded on the phone. Transfer of high quality video and photos is stupid slow and the phone has no where near the capacity to do anything with them. I dump it all off the GoPro to a computer when I am ready to use the footage.

The only thing I use the remote for is to adjust the angle of the camera with the wheel. Otherwise, it sits to the side while shooting.

Keep in mind, the handheld gimbals are much easier to use, but I just had better use for the $300, when this $30 handle lets me shoot solid ground shots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20